Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Bass Boat Prices

Hey guys,

So, bass boats went up roughly $10k or more since Covid. Heck RV's went up $20-40k. How many of you guys think these prices will come down to earth or are these prices here to stay? I think it's pretty obvious the cost of bacon and brisket didn't force manufacturers to give their employees 10-20% raises and I do not believe material costs went up that much. I know for a fact RV's have already come down 25% in some areas. That means profit margins were out the roof and manufactures have really taken advantage of the situation. I guess I would take advantage of the demand as well.... However, I just don't see the buying trend continuing at the pace it is now. My gut is telling me to wait another 6 months to buy.

What are your thoughts?
    2022 Skeeter FXR21 Apex
    Helix 15/ Helix 12 / Garmin 1222 / LS34 Livescope

Jer. 33:3

The cost of everything went up from raw materials to labor and they still couldn’t make them fast enough. The economy is slowing but the prices are more than likely here to stay.

3. Member
    Buy silver!!!! 25 dollars an ounce now 600/ ounce soon... prices will be 1 to 1 with gold in 5 to 10 years 5 to 10,000 / ounce.....I have been researching for the last 2 years!

4. Member
    That said, you can buy or put a good down payment on a new boat if you make good investments.... The Crypto market is another good place to check out opportunities....Utility tokens like XRP, XLM, XDC, QNT, HBAR,Litecoin and other iso 20022 coins will be good investments...keep up with your keys and use cold storage.....Don't trust the exchanges

5. Member
    I have been investing 400 per week into cryptos and silver! With the hope I will be able to afford a new boat soon... My 200 vindicator died in 2019 and ive been trolling in my 1996 sprint 207 pro ever since... I too hope the prices come back down, not looking for that to happen anytime soon, I do look for some good promo offers this year because sales will be way down.

6. Member
    Since all of these armchair economists have been predicting for the last few years that everything will be cheaper in six months, my advice would be to wait six months.

7. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasCobaltKen View Post
    Since all of these armchair economists have been predicting for the last few years that everything will be cheaper in six months, my advice would be to wait six months.
    Good one!
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasCobaltKen View Post
    Well they don’t want to admit they are wrong so move they move the goal post..

prices will never come down.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

There is always upward pressure on prices, if u lower them you made some customers upset. If u lower them you devalued the used market, and make customers upset, and you will loose market share. Sales are what matters, and Rangers have gone up significantly more than 10k. Still they are selling em.

saw one at 130k, and it was sold.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

10. Member
    I've been buying bass boats since the 80's and prices have never went backwards.

11. Member
    Just happened to look on boat trader at 2023 falcon F205 boats. Was surprised they are “only” $73k. Pretty good deal compared to some.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

Good point
    2022 Skeeter FXR21 Apex

13. Member
    The market will slow but it will never be back to "normal." Eventually everyone will catch up... local skeeter dealer here in Ontario has several rigs for sale. 2023 FXR20 and FXR21 are priced at $146,000 and $149,000 plus tax and dealer fees. That about $170,000 out the door. The average angler is now priced out of the market, dam a tin ranger is $80,000. It is what it is, I see less people getting into fishing and those guys that are fishing and buying less. The cost of tackle is just insane ...

14. Member
    It is crazy.........actually looked at a the Tracker rig for 13k. Not a bad rig at all for the $$$$ but by the time the electronics and a couple other add-ons the price goes up substantially. There are deals to be found but 140k for a Skeeter? Looks like my Ranger is going to need AV plates or registration.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    I've been buying bass boats since the 80's and prices have never went backwards.
    Nitro did in 2008 or 09. lowered there prices a good bit.

What will happen is people will migrate to less expensive brands. Falcon and Nitro, I'm sure there are others.

74k is a pro rigged boat for Nitro, just add options, which will get you a little over 80 in most cases. and some models are 2k off of that. plus additional incentives.
    Last edited by BMCD; 03-20-2023 at 11:59 AM.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdeepv View Post
    It is crazy.........actually looked at a the Tracker rig for 13k. Not a bad rig at all for the $$$$ but by the time the electronics and a couple other add-ons the price goes up substantially. There are deals to be found but 140k for a Skeeter? Looks like my Ranger is going to need AV plates or registration.
    Thats Canadian bucks

17. Member
    No. Next.
    2008 Skeeter 21I. Yamaha 250 Series II.
    2011 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4.

I spoke with a couple dealers today and talked to one of the managers about prices as well. He shared quite a bit with me and I admit I've sorta gone through a paradigm shift in my thinking. He told me the profit margin on bass boats are much smaller than one would imagine. He said materials and manufacturing prices have increased dramatically and so has labor due to inflationary factors. He said there's no way prices will come down. Unlike the RV industry, every component in these boats are very expensive to make and process. He just helped me understand the pricing process and I can say the high prices are here to stay and these dealers have to turn so many units to stay afloat. Here's the other side of the coin, boat sales are still flying off the shelves. Those that can afford it will continue affording it. People walk in there and write $100k checks all the time.
    2022 Skeeter FXR21 Apex

It sucks. Plain and simple. They can say whatever, but they truly can not justify those prices. And, haven’t for years. But, if people want something, they buy it. That’s their justification.
    Last edited by WVBullet; 03-23-2023 at 08:53 AM.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

20. Member
    Remember when the experts on this site said the market would be flooded with repo boats and campers after the govt. cheese ran out? Should tell you all you need to know.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast