Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    I don’t want to drag this too far off topic but I agree with the above 2 posters. I will add to that I believe to a degree it’s why so many people are just snapping, making poor choices, or just not caring anymore. Many people have to work to the bone just to make daily life work let alone have or be able to afford a hobby. You can call it bad decision or life choices if you want, and for some it applies. But for many hard working people it’s all work and no play or family time. This is a sign that something needs to change as a whole. Some kind of financial, work, family balance again. Just an opinion of course.
    2008 Skeeter 21I. Yamaha 250 Series II.
    2011 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by H2O_Fowl View Post
    Bass boats have always been expensive. But they are absolutely ridiculous nowadays. Cost to income is way outa whack. Before financing 30k boat with some money down wasn’t to bad because you could pay it off in 4-5 years and still have a nice boat. Now you put some money down and finance for 15-25 years and when it pays of you have a hunk of junk that’s old, worth way less on trade in etc.

I wonder why a 20 ski boat or if one is cheaper than a bass boat?
    Could you ever buy a 21' foot boat with a 250hp motor for $30k? You can get a brand new 18' ranger for $43k.

Bass boats have always been expensive. But they are absolutely ridiculous nowadays. Cost to income is way outa whack. Before financing 30k boat with some money down wasn’t to bad because you could pay it off in 4-5 years and still have a nice boat. Now you put some money down and finance for 15-25 years and when it pays of you have a hunk of junk that’s old, worth way less on trade in etc.

Ski and wake boats make bass boats look cheap! You can get to 200K pretty quick in those. All boats have gone up. Look at jet skis with prices in the 15-20k range now.

4. Member
    Many people cannot even afford paragraph breaks.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchdip View Post
    Hey guys,

So, bass boats went up roughly $10k or more since Covid. Heck RV's went up $20-40k. How many of you guys think these prices will come down to earth or are these prices here to stay? I think it's pretty obvious the cost of bacon and brisket didn't force manufacturers to give their employees 10-20% raises and I do not believe material costs went up that much. I know for a fact RV's have already come down 25% in some areas. That means profit margins were out the roof and manufactures have really taken advantage of the situation. I guess I would take advantage of the demand as well.... However, I just don't see the buying trend continuing at the pace it is now. My gut is telling me to wait another 6 months to buy.

What are your thoughts?
    Six months from Now you will be wishing you bought six months ago...
    2021 BassCat Pantera Classic - Mercury
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2015 BassCat Caracal Mercury - Minn Kota - Humminbird - Powerpole
    2012 BassCat Pantera II - Mercury
    2004 BassCat Cougar - Mercury

6. Member
    I don’t know how they make them so good and sell them so cheap!!

7. Member
    Let's worry about something important: Carrots have gone up 30% in the last 60 days. I like carrots.

If you want to worry about luxury items, look at bourbon prices. I really like bourbon.

I don't like eggs, so who cares.

You get my drift.

8. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    I mean just your standard runabout. Not those fancy wake boats.

9. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Thamelau View Post
    Could you ever buy a 21' foot boat with a 250hp motor for $30k? You can get a brand new 18' ranger for $43k.
    back in those days 250HP engines and 21 foot boats weren’t the norm. But you could get a nice used one of you could find one a few years old for mid 20s.

18 foot fiberglass Ranger with a 150 decked out for 43k?

10. Banned

Because we are bigger suckers and the old "big johnson" contest is strong in the bass fisherman world. I honestly do not know of another sport where money is over spent except maybe racing.

11. Member
    Never coming down

12. Member
    Boat prices will never go back down.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

Here ya go. Top speed of 58, easily fits in the garage and under $20,000

Skeeter 2022 FXR21 Apex bass boats went up $20k in 2022-2023. So, in late 2021 (October time frame) you could get a tricked out 2022 FXR21 Apex brand new for $79k. In 2023 it’s $104k.
    2022 Skeeter FXR21 Apex
    Helix 15/ Helix 12 / Garmin 1222 / LS34 Livescope

Jer. 33:3

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Armymedic View Post
    I have been investing 400 per week into cryptos and silver! With the hope I will be able to afford a new boat soon... My 200 vindicator died in 2019 and ive been trolling in my 1996 sprint 207 pro ever since... I too hope the prices come back down, not looking for that to happen anytime soon, I do look for some good promo offers this year because sales will be way down.
    Sorry quoted wrong post.

16. Member
    back in those days 250HP engines and 21 foot boats weren’t the norm. But you could get a nice used one of you could find one a few years old for mid 20s.

18 foot fiberglass Ranger with a 150 decked out for 43k?
    That's my point. Not everyone had to have a 21' boat with a 250 because it is a "top of the line" boat. For whatever reason everyone wants the "top of the line" to be the norm. Your next statement shows that perfectly. Everything has to be "loaded" because everyone "needs" everything the pro's are using.

17. Member
    Here you go, a blast from the past!

IMG_E4170.JPG

18. Member
    That's my point. Not everyone had to have a 21' boat with a 250 because it is a "top of the line" boat. For whatever reason everyone wants the "top of the line" to be the norm. Your next statement shows that perfectly. Everything has to be "loaded" because everyone "needs" everything the pro's are using.
    If we werent such suckers a lot more people could afford them. I think thats the point others are making

19. #FRB
    But it's only 240 EASY payments! I'm wanting to upgrade next year to the "last" boat I buy to carry me until I can't safely fish alone anymore in 30-40 years and might do it but around 40 grand for a bare bones tin boat with a 150 (Tracker 195) and a Ghost on the nose or glass boat with a 115 (Triton 179 with a Ghost on the nose) is a tough pill to swallow even if I made a 50% down payment with plans to pay off in 5 years or less. Boats are truly a luxury but still a few decent tin rigs the average blue collar guy can swing with a 10 year note. Tons of newer Trackers in my area and I doubt I'd have trouble selling mine for a good price. As you're hinting at people need to realize they can be perfectly happy with less than top of the line if they look at the big picture in a different light.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

20. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    I see that BPS has taken it a step further to affordable and make you feel good. They are advertising for just 5 dollars and day you can have this boat.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast