Question Any problems with control switches?

Considering buying a Caymas. Has anyone had any problems out of the control switches for lights, livewells, etc at the console or at the bow. I want to stay away from digital switches like Ranger, Nitro or Skeeter FXR use

2. Member
    There have been issues in the past with the touch switches. In my experience, Caymas electrical wiring isn't great. If you go with the 19 footer, you get regular toggle switches
    2023 Skeeter FXR20
    Lake Guntersville

3. Member
    My 2022 CX20 Pro had problems with the some of the lights on the switches working intermittently. The console switch panel was replaced a few months after I got the boat and the bow switch panel was replaced several months after that. I never had problems with the functions of the switches, just the blue lights around them.

4. Member
    I’ve been running a Caymas since September 2020. Never had a problem on my boat.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

5. Member
    19 ft 2022 no issues so far.

6. Member
    I’m on my fourth and waiting to order my fifth cx21 and I’ve not had an issue at all.

7. Member
    No issues but not a big fan of the switches.

8. Member
    If something does happen to the switches or panel is it covered under warranty?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nix03 View Post
    If something does happen to the switches or panel is it covered under warranty?
    Yes

10. Member
    They changed the switches up early 23 models, not hearing any issues with the new style.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeypro View Post
    There have been issues in the past with the touch switches. In my experience, Caymas electrical wiring isn't great. If you go with the 19 footer, you get regular toggle switches
    I think there has been some problems with the lighting around the switches, switches still functioned. The Caymas wiring it self is really well laid out, all labeled and would be easy to trouble shoot if a problem arises.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Welaka View Post
    I think there has been some problems with the lighting around the switches, switches still functioned. The Caymas wiring it self is really well laid out, all labeled and would be easy to trouble shoot if a problem arises.
    He comment back in June on FB about how much nicer the wiring was under the console in his Caymas than it was in his Skeeter “just balls it up and zip ties covers with a piece of plastic” now says it’s not great.

Quote Originally Posted by Cx21 Pro View Post
    He comment back in June on FB about how much nicer the wiring was under the console in his Caymas than it was in his Skeeter “just balls it up and zip ties covers with a piece of plastic” now says it’s not great.
    That's why I don't put a lot of faith with some comments on here.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

14. Member
    I think one thing to consider is the fact that Caymas built in bypass switches under the console in the event of an issue with a control panel switch. Not sure of other boat brands but my cousin has a new Ranger Z520R and he is having issues with his digital control panel. There is no temporary fix for him. He was basically dead on the water and the boat is now with the dealer to get fixed.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

15. Member
    I haven't had an issue with mine. I like the switch layout and the simplicity. If a switch breaks it ain't nothing to make an on the water repair.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Welaka View Post
    That's why I don't put a lot of faith with some comments on here.
    After reading some of the comments on FB I figured out the same thing. The wedges topic last week was about as dumb as it could get.