Skeeter Wire Colours

Trying to help a guy wire up the tachometer in his Skeeter boat. https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1215424

Does anyone know the wire colours that Skeeter used for power, ground, tachometer and the trim sender?

Thanks.

2. Member
    This is from some old notes I made when I switched to Yamaha Pro Series II tach (and replaced 0x66 with SHO) on my 2002 if it helps:
    Trim is white with brown stripe. Yellow wires and purple wires are powered with "key on".
    Key switch wires out: Green went to Grey tach wire (sender), Yellow went to Purple tach wire (ignition)
    Edit: I found my original 4 wire connector to original Skeeter labelled tach: There's a grey, blue (would be gauge backlight), purple and black wire.
    Last edited by McQuaig; 03-20-2023 at 09:08 AM.
    2002 Skeeter ZX200
    2018 200SHO

Quote Originally Posted by McQuaig View Post
    This is from some old notes I made when I switched to Yamaha Pro Series II tach (and replaced 0x66 with SHO) on my 2002 if it helps:
    Trim is white with brown stripe. Yellow wires and purple wires are powered with "key on".
    Key switch wires out: Green went to Grey tach wire (sender), Yellow went to Purple tach wire (ignition)
    Edit: I found my original 4 wire connector to original Skeeter labelled tach: There's a grey, blue (would be gauge backlight), purple and black wire.
    This makes sense, as when I pulled the purple wire (I though maybe it was "off pink" lol) I lost both rpm and trim. Shop hooked it all back up when they did my JP install the other day, so my digital is back to showing 124%. So I'm going to try and see if I can find that white/brown strip wire and remove it.

duplicate post
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The handicapped angler"

This is all I could find on wire colors

skeeter_wiring_functions.jpg
    "The handicapped angler"

Quote Originally Posted by McQuaig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    This makes sense, as when I pulled the purple wire (I though maybe it was "off pink" lol) I lost both rpm and trim. Shop hooked it all back up when they did my JP install the other day, so my digital is back to showing 124%. So I'm going to try and see if I can find that white/brown strip wire and remove it.
    White with Brown stripe for the win, at least for my application (2016 SHO, Skeeter/Faria gauge package). I missed it the first time because it was connected to a stud being used for the guage mounting shell, so I guess I just didn't see it the first time around. But found it today, pulled out the guage and removed the wire, cleaned it all up and tested/remounted. Now I have accurate digital trim again and theorectically, the RPM gauge should still work as well. Will confirm this weekend on the water.

Thanks all...