Vexus view electronics harness

I am contemplating adding a house battery to run my electronics but was curious if anyone knew how the Vexus view harness is run in the boat. Would it be as easy as dropping a battery and switch in and connecting the leads to the harness or are there other things to watch out for? I am leaning going 16v so if the view harness is connected to other things that can’t handle it I don’t want to give them to much juice.

Which boat?

Vexus uses 8 gauge wire from the battery to a console buss bar. Then 10 gauge to the bow buss bar. Its a very robust set up. With a little electrical knowledge you should be able to add a battery.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

VX21. Vexus View is supposed to be 8 gauge all the way according to the package info. My boat came with it. I figured someone that has either worked on one or installed one would know if anything else is connected to the Vexus View harness besides the graphs. The boat is 200 miles away at the moment so I can’t run out and check myself. I am assuming it is as simple as add the battery, fuses and switch and off you go but I don’t want to assume wrong. I installed a sea clear harness in my old Ranger. What a pain in the ass that was.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John B. View Post
    VX21. Vexus View is supposed to be 8 gauge all the way according to the package info. My boat came with it. I figured someone that has either worked on one or installed one would know if anything else is connected to the Vexus View harness besides the graphs. The boat is 200 miles away at the moment so I can’t run out and check myself. I am assuming it is as simple as add the battery, fuses and switch and off you go but I don’t want to assume wrong. I installed a sea clear harness in my old Ranger. What a pain in the ass that was.

I can’t say if there is or isn’t anything else on the harness or not but I can say I didn’t feel like the wiring I saw feeding the small Buss bar at the bow was sufficient (it may have been fine but it sure looked like 10 GA to me) so I ended up running sea clear in my 2021 VX 21. If you thought it was a pain in the ass to run the sea clear in the Ranger, you really not gonna like this one if you choose to go that route.
    While I really like the fact that there isn’t a giant ball of wiring under the console it makes running wiring a little bit of a challenge. That being said, I think it was worth it imo.
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

5. Member
    10 guage was previously the standard. I beleive 8 guage is now standard or possible an optional upgrade. The 10 guage in my DVX wasn't enough, so I ran 6 guage.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swimnfish04 View Post
    10 guage was previously the standard. I beleive 8 guage is now standard or possible an optional upgrade. The 10 guage in my DVX wasn't enough, so I ran 6 guage.
    I did the same on an AVX I use to own. Ran 6ga to buss bar at console then 6 ga from buss bar to bow. Helped greatly with my heavy electronic load at bow.