MLF Team series.

This MLF show is a ding fest. Not watchable
    It sucks. Oh, I got a scoreable 1 lb. I got a big one 2 lbs. Ridiculous.

To have to listen to Shaw Grigsby giggling all the time was too painful...just can't watch certain people/teams.

I tried watching the team stuff, but didn't like it. I'd be surprised if it lasts after this year.

I don't like the 5 fish limit on the BPT tour either. Less drama, and not obvious where everyone stands from the score tracker. Now have to keep up with their smallest fish as well. That differentiated their tour from BASS.

4. Member
    I can’t explain why but I just can’t watch MLF/BPT anymore. Tried watching the live yesterday and today but I just cannot get into it. Was never much of a B.A.S.S fan but now I watch it as much as my schedule allows.
    John the Garage Doorman

I actually like it. Something different and allows me to listen to pros share thoughts, expressions, etc. But the 1 lb GGGGGIANTT! is getting old.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

6. Member
    I've not watched since the first episode, not my cup of tea.

7. Member
    I used to watch it all the time and even reruns on DVR. I do not like the team series and have stopped recording. I will continue watching old shows until they too get old but the team series has lost me for sure

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by avidbasser View Post
    I actually like it. Something different and allows me to listen to pros share thoughts, expressions, etc. But the 1 lb GGGGGIANTT! is getting old.
    Yes it is. U would think that as many fish as these pros have caught they could tell the dif

Quote Originally Posted by avidbasser View Post
    I like it also would be fun to compete in something like that

10. Member
    Haven’t messed with the team stuff. Honestly the old MLF was great before the tours. I agree now that they’ve gone to 5 fish limit I can hardly watch it. Every fish was exciting and different than BASS…now it’s just as boring.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinV View Post
    Haven’t messed with the team stuff. Honestly the old MLF was great before the tours. I agree now that they’ve gone to 5 fish limit I can hardly watch it. Every fish was exciting and different than BASS…now it’s just as boring.
    I’m a BASS fan by a mile, but watch both. I agree with you. For some reason I don’t like the 5 fish for MLF like I thought i would.

I like the team series. Cool to see the guys working together to put patterns together. I think if they want to have a fall tournament they need to come up north. October through ice up is some of the best time of the year up here. Seems to be the worst time down south. Watching pros catch 1 lb fish gets old.

Also not a fan of the team series... prefer the cups. Can't put my finger on why really, just not into it for some reason.

14. Member
    I am not crazy about the team series, either. You do get to hear them discussing fishing techniques a lot more - but it seems pretty typical for one team to get so far ahead there isnt much hope of another team catching up.

Not as much a fan of five fish, either - kind of like watching paint dry.

15. Member
    I like the team format and this one is by far the coolest one but for very personal reasons. We fished our National Semi-Final on the same lake right before the MLF Team event. It is so fascinating to see these guys work it out since I kind of knew the answer (no I did not win but I know exactly what the top guys were doing and where). Stockton is one of my favorite lakes and I fish it every year multiple days. It is a real shame that the lake was so low, it is a much better fishery than what it is showing. What we learned after a day or so of practice was that the fish were in the back of the "nothing" cuts. The bass were following shad like they do that time of year but I think they were nervous around the trees so they were schooling in the open bays/cuts/coves. As you can see, Stockton has a lot of trees and water clarity varies from about 3-4 foot visibility to 3-4 inches. The river was too dirty to find fish and the clear water didn't have enough bait so the mid-lake was where the action was. It gets is share of pressure and the top water bite was stronger for our event so the MLF guys seemed to have better success on small crankbaits but the location where they eventually found them was dead on.

16. Member
    I tried to watch it now 2 times. If I hear them say "boys" 1 more time im going to puke. I have not even thought about trying to watch it again. If I see its a team tourney I keep on surfing.

When they went from mystery lakes to announced lakes with practice days, my interest declined by about 50%. I tried watching one team broadcast and couldn't make it past about 15 minutes. Now that they have gone to a 5 fish limit, they are just another pro trail and my interest has dropped another 50%. So, my interest is about 25% of what it was when they started out. I will watch some of the live streaming, but hardly ever watch any of the TV shows. I even stopped recording them.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

18. Member
    At least I don't have to see and hear Marty Stone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    When they went from mystery lakes to announced lakes with practice days, my interest declined by about 50%. I tried watching one team broadcast and couldn't make it past about 15 minutes. Now that they have gone to a 5 fish limit, they are just another pro trail and my interest has dropped another 50%. So, my interest is about 25% of what it was when they started out. I will watch some of the live streaming, but hardly ever watch any of the TV shows. I even stopped recording them.
    Pretty much the same for me... will watch the BPT/TWI streams when live when I can, but have stopped recording the shows, and the All Angles show too, which I used to enjoy as well. I may tag the team show on DVR if they come to a Florida lake, but otherwise I much prefer the old Cup format.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by joekaz View Post
    At least I don't have to see and hear Marty Stone now.
    That’s a mighty big plus