Cockpit flooring

Is there anyone who has recently redone their cockpit flooring from carpet to a seadeck material? I've seen Ike trick out his tin rig with some, assuming it was seadeck. Other companies who make custom pieces like this? Probably around $500 I'm guessing.

Yes, lots options with this material. There’s a BBC sponsor sellin it. Personally, I’m not sold on it, yet. Do your research on the product; it’s pricey!!
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

3. Member
    Its expensive. To have it custom cut it was $36 a sq foot +600 to have it scanned and 200 for install that was on a 31ft boat though. Gonna take a shot of routing it myself on my current build to save some money but its still $180 a sheet which is 44"x70" but its routable. For in my storage hatches I used a cheap brand of amazon in a camo color but for the deck using the good stuff were it will really take a beating.

4. Member
    Also haven't got to use it on a bass boat yet but in a saltwater application it is really great. The brand we have is Dekit and it has lasted a couple seasons without any pealing on a boat that's in the water year round in the north east. It cleans up when dirty and bloody extremely well with a powerwasher, dries super fast, is very comfortable, gives good traction, and looks killer. Two downsides are on very hot days (around 100F) it gets very squishy and hot not a complete downside but it defiantly will give a bit on hot days but stays super solid on any normal temps. Another downside is I have had clients drop rods with gimbals onto the deck and that did cause it to tare so super sharp objects you should be careful around but in a bass fishing application I highly doubt you would ever encounter an issue like that.

5. Member
    You'd think they would have a set pattern for some boats.

6. Member
    Y'all need to check out the posts in my thread concerning the SeaDek application. I didn't route mine, a green Scotchbrite surfacing pad and a right angle Die Grinder works great to freehand the bevels. I didn't route a single piece. Everyone who sees it thinks I did. It is easier than it looks. I put pictures in the post to help.

Now that is said here is the bad news. Usually the carpet is covering up a nasty cap to cockpit fiberglass seam. The manufacturers do not fair the seam just glass it together. The fairing on my hands and knees was a bit of torture.

7. Member
    I did mine. I didn’t do anything fancy with it because I cut the piece wrong and wound up just making three pieces that fit the floor and gave me channels for drainage. The only bad thing I will say about it isn that it gets dirty easy. So if you fish somewhere with dirt ramps or have to get into the boat with any dirt on your shoes it will track and show up. Easy to clean though but something to keep in mind. The plus side is if it’s raining it’s drains super easy and dries fast so no wet floor.
    2009 Triton 18x3 Pro

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rxkid2001 View Post
    You'd think they would have a set pattern for some boats.
    It would be up to the builder to give the the info needed. No one is going to measure a boat in hopes that it sells.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

9. Member
    Just bought a 521 that has the console area in seadeck. I found that it does not absorb water so if it gets wet during below freezing temps, it will turn into an ice rink.

10. Member
    Deans Top & Canvas-Mountain Home, Arkansas
    870-425-6189

11. Member
    I had Aquatraction do the cockpit of my Ranger 681vs. I removed the old carpet myself and the rest cost about $1,000. Best money I ever spent on the boat.

12. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    I had Aquatraction do the cockpit of my Ranger 681vs. I removed the old carpet myself and the rest cost about $1,000. Best money I ever spent on the boat.
    I despise cleaning that cockpit carpet. So, thinking about this.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Quote Originally Posted by Grits and gravy View Post
    Just bought a 521 that has the console area in seadeck. I found that it does not absorb water so if it gets wet during below freezing temps, it will turn into an ice rink.
    One would think that the water would drain more quickly with SeaDeck flooring...

Steel City Bassmasters - Granite City, Illinois

14. Member
    I fish my 681 in the winter regularly, including in the snow (Mississippi River winter walleyes). I had the same concerns initially about the floor freezing as discussed it with the installer first. The grooves in the floor do carry any water to the drain. I’ve never had an issue with water freezing on the top. You’ll never regret having this floor in the cockpit. I wish now that my entire boat had it.

15. dartag1829
    I took the old nasty carpet out of my 2002 Ranger and used Durabak 18 rolled on the floor. It has bits of rubber in it for traction when wet. Had to remove all the old glue with Zylene. Now the water just runs down the drain. Scrub it with soap when it gets dirty.
    Capture.JPG

I have it in my Caymas and love it. Best place to land a bleeding fish. I carry a rag to give it a quick wipe after the carnage.

17. Member
    Anyone who's installed these have to remove a hotfoot to do so? That's my head scratcher in doing it.