Apex 13 with Solix 12. SET UP.

I purchased an Apex 13 to put on the bow of my Z518. I moved my Solix 12 G3 to the console. So, when I connect the ethernet cables. Apex to Solix direct to each unit and then Ultrex (si/di) to 5 port hub or Apex. I also have 360 with a y cable. Transducer cables direct to each unit. I wanted to confirm best way to set up. Thx

2. Member
    I would connect everything to the switch so it's all tied together.
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

With just the two displays, connect them with an Ethernet cable and then connect iPilot LINK to the APEX. Don't need an Ethernet Switch involved.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I have 2 Apex units, along with Mega 360 and Mega Live. I don't have a 5 port switch since I have 4 total Ethernet ports on the 2 Apex units. In your case, you have 3 Ethernet ports which is ample to direct connect what you have without the need for the 5 port switch... Just one less electronic item to worry about.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

5. Member
    Thx It looks like I won't be needing the Ethernet switch. My Ultrex has the I pilot Link Cable Which is 30 feet. They don't have a shorter one from what I've seen, correct? it's an 8-pin connector.

6. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ranger-Z518 View Post
    Thx It looks like I won't be needing the Ethernet switch. My Ultrex has the I pilot Link Cable Which is 30 feet. They don't have a shorter one from what I've seen, correct? it's an 8-pin connector.
    With the iPilot Link, you will be using all of your ports... Solix Ethernet port connected to one of the Apex Ethernet ports and the iPilot Link connected to the other Apex Ethernet port.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ranger-Z518 View Post
    Yes there is only one Ethernet Extension cable=AS ECX 30E--has a male and female connector.
    A regular Ethernet cable has two female connectors and is available in 5', 10', 15', 20', and 30'.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL