Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    It’s far more likely that one’s income will rise to where they are affordable, than it is that the price will come down to where they are affordable at one’s current income.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    It’s far more likely that one’s income will rise to where they are affordable, than it is that the price will come down to where they are affordable at one’s current income.
    Well I’m screwed then I know I’m not getting a raise this year
    2008 Skeeter 21I. Yamaha 250 Series II.
    2011 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    Is there a difference in frequencies between the lithium batteries and lead? Could that cause differences in how electronics perform?
    Batteries do not have "frequencies". I would expect electronics to perform better with Lithium batteries than lead-acid conventional batteries. Most boat electronics systems have an operating voltage rating of 10-18 volts. I believe the Livescope will run with up to 32 volts. With more voltage there is less current used, and a higher voltage battery should last longer.
    All that said I personally would expect better performance as far as range and image quality with a Lithium battery as many have normal outputs of 13+or- V D C which is steady until they are exhausted.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    I personally would expect better performance as far as range and image quality with a Lithium battery as many have normal outputs of 13+or- V D C which is steady until they are exhausted.
    nope

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Per the LiveScope engineers, performance is the same over the specified operating range - higher voltage does not equal better performance.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    The boats are designed and laid out with the live well, fuel tank, passenger seating, and battery weights and locations all in mind and they are placed in the boat accordingly. Obviously the weight of fuel, passengers and live well can all vary significantly, and that is taken into consideration in the engineering process. However the weight of the batteries will always remain fairly consistent which is also taken into consideration and is why just about all bass boat layouts have the battery compartment in the very back. Taking 200 lbs of weight out of the battery compartment does affect the ballast more than in other areas, losing some performance by going with lithiums is a well documented issue depending on the boat hull and how it is setup, and some manufacturers are starting to make design changes in the hulls to accommodate this. If you have this problem on a current boat there is things you can do to fix it like moving or adding some weight to the rear, or more motor setback.
    Good video that explains this better than I can.

2018 Nitro Z18
    175 HP Merc ProXs
    16ft Monark - all Electric (70#bow, 2x45# stern)

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tr20josh View Post
    Only 279 posts in the thread, many of them from the same people. 8800 people have viewed the thread. Also, this thread (and all of BBC) is an echo chamber so it isn't surprising that most of the posters are in agreement. I would be surprised if we saw a sudden and dramatic reduction in pricing given the apparent popularity of lithium power at the moment.
    They have already came down in price drastically over the last several years.

As far as lithium being better for electronics that is misnomer. They are more stable under load, keep a consistent voltage, hold their voltage longer then drop off drastically as they discharge. This will improve the performance of your electronics over lead acid if the lead acid batteries are dropping voltage when other accessories kick on. While the FFS hardware may not benefit directly from the added stability the graphs and network device will and that is what controls the FFS.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415