Minn Kota Terrova 80lb 60” TOO BIG?

Just installed a new Minn Kota Terrova 80lb thrust 60" shaft. Is that too long of a shaft for my 18' Tracker V18 Tournament Edition?

I don't know if it is too long for your boat or not. But with the Terrova you can adjust the length of the shaft to whatever depth you need and then use the locking collar to fish at that depth. I have a 45 inch Terrova on my boat and when I get into shallow water, I just raise the shaft up to accommodate and lock it down. It's a great trolling motor. Good luck.
    1993 Tracker Pan fish 16

3. Member
    If it is too long you can simply not stick it in all the way. Better than not being able to get the job done by not being long enough.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    If it is too long you can simply not stick it in all the way. Better than not being able to get the job done by not being long enough.
    That's what she said...
    1989 Coleman Crawdad
    55 lb Minn Kota Endura Max

5. Member
    Ha thanks guys...appreciate the feedback.

6. Member
    I once had the same boat but mine was the Allfish multi species version.
    I got a great deal on a 60” Terrova that was bought new but the guy sold the boat without ever mounting the Terrova.
    I did think it was way too long when I was fishing shallow water. I cut the shaft down and was much happier with it.
    Mine was out of warranty so I did it myself. IIRC I cut mine down about 10” and I liked it a lot better.
    You can have an ASC do it and maintain your warranty.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallof74 View Post
    Just installed a new Minn Kota Terrova 80lb thrust 60" shaft. Is that too long of a shaft for my 18' Tracker V18 Tournament Edition?
    I put one on my stratos & was advised not to cut the shaft down until i gave it a good try. . Needless to say i never cut it because it's way easier to stow & deploy in rough water with it not having a rope. I'm glad i didn't cut mine down.

8. Member
    If you fish rough water you might need that extra length, a tm repair shop can replace that shaft when you determine the length required.

9. Member
    I have a TV 18 and have a 45" Ultrex. I dont see the need for all that extra shaft. LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.