Living and fishing in Chattanooga

I'm currently 5 months into my retirement and am living in a leased home while I search the Guntersville area/ Chattanooga area for a home to buy. I really haven't spent anytime looking in Chattanooga for at least 7 months but would like to start the search up. Wondering what towns I should look at that would have me inside 15 minutes of good fishing as well as safe and relatively affordable (under $250,000) .

Basically , I'm just asking what areas I might look in for a small home to retire in off the water but close to water.

Thanks guys

Hixson, Red Bank, Soddy-Daisy. I live in Hixson, six miles from Chick dam and Riverpark ramps. Chester Frost, Holly Creek, Harrison Bay ramps are 10-15 miles.

3. Member
    Also the ooltewah brainerd Harrison area

Quote Originally Posted by Smalliefan2 View Post
    Hixson, Red Bank, Soddy-Daisy. I live in Hixson, six miles from Chick dam and Riverpark ramps. Chester Frost, Holly Creek, Harrison Bay ramps are 10-15 miles.
    I'm in Chattanooga a couple times a week for work and these are great suggestions. Hixson is a very nice area.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

5. Member
    I would also look in Bradley County (Cleveland, TN). You will probably find better value for your money there, and you are a bit closer to another lake option at Watts Bar.