Thread: Laurel lake?

Laurel lake?

Would Laurel be a good lake to come down and get some bass fishing done in a few weeks? Not looking for specific stuff, just mainly is it safe to run, and is the fishing worth a drive/stay for a couple days? Thinking like mid April maybe? Thanks in advance, can pm me if needed

2. Member
    Some really good fish in the lake but can be tough fishing. Lake Cumberland is close and mid April is usually prime time there. I’d go there.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated

4. Member
    I’ll be there April 9-13 let me know if your down that way if I’m on anything I’ll try to help you out.

5. Member
    Laurel has better quality fish than all the surrounding lakes, Cumberland is my home lake and bookface has pretty much destroyed it and dale hollow along with the live bait guides!
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

6. Member
    Some of the biggest smallmouth there come from up river latw winter & early spring.

Sounds like we are going to take ky21xd's advice and go to cumberland for a few days. Probably spend another day on one or two other lakes while we are down there, too. Going during the week to try and avoid crowds if we can! Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Some of the biggest smallmouth there come from up river latw winter & early spring.
    Some big smb would be cool, honestly just looking to catch some decent bass of any type, been a real long winter and dealing with some health issues that make me realize its maybe now or never....

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonrs View Post
    Some big smb would be cool, honestly just looking to catch some decent bass of any type, been a real long winter and dealing with some health issues that make me realize its maybe now or never....
    Good luck. Hopefully you smoke them when you're here.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    Laurel has better quality fish than all the surrounding lakes, Cumberland is my home lake and bookface has pretty much destroyed it and dale hollow along with the live bait guides!
    Yep the live bait guides have definitely put a hurt on the smallmouth on them. . So many of their customers are taking the big reproducers home & throwing them in a skillet.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Yep the live bait guides have definitely put a hurt on the smallmouth on them. . So many of their customers are taking the big reproducers home & throwing them in a skillet.
    That sucks, we have the same problem up here with smallmouth. Some people come up north and everything gets released in grease. I can promise we definitely arent eating any bass. I did consider throwing a crappie rod in the locker though lol!!

12. Member
    Dale hollow be rocking - should be floating worm hammer time- if u stay mid lower Cumberland dale 20-30 min away do both

The place we are staying is right by wolf creek, thanks for the info!
    I love throwing a floting worm!!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonrs View Post
    That sucks, we have the same problem up here with smallmouth. Some people come up north and everything gets released in grease. I can promise we definitely arent eating any bass. I did consider throwing a crappie rod in the locker though lol!!
    Hate to hear that they are doing that to your home lakes! People don't care about destroying and pillaging when they are away from home i guess
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda