What did I do wrong.

Pro XS 250 12500033a 3b007135 60 hours took off the lower unit to paint it and re-installed it. Went to start the motor and it just turns over, wont start. Cant imagine why, or what I couldve done that would not allow it to start. Any ideas? Very frustrating to say the least

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Easy guess would be something moved and the neutral safety switch is a problem. Check HF and throttle for neutral and the kill switch.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Had the collar upside down, lined everything up in neutral, fired right up, no problem. Now it wont go into gear. The lever moves the cable but the lower blade that slides into the lower unit isnt moving (turning). The lower unit and the shifter are both in the neutral position.
    Last edited by peter13; 03-18-2023 at 12:26 PM.

4. Member
    Valuable lesson learned! Dont do things when you are exhausted and stressed out! Never a good outcome! Walked away and came back fresh and everything went smoothly

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Wondered what "collar" you were speaking of. What exactly did you have improperly done- because it's an electronic shift actuator, attached directly to the gearcase.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor