HDS 12 Live Console Mounting on 2013 Z9

Afternoon, fella's

I recently purchased a new HDS 12 Live for the console of my 2013 Z9, replacing an older HDS 12 unit. I come to find out as I go to mount it, the unit/bracket is larger in size and unfortunately, it will not sit between the raised gauges on the dash.

I have located a console mount from Precision Sonar that is made for the Z9 consoles, but I am not sure if it will still allow for the new HDS Live unit to fit - here is the link - https://www.precisionsonar.com/produ...ms/nitz8-z9cms

Have any of you experienced this with your Z9's? Or recommend other suitable options ................

Thanks for reading and hope someone can put me on the right track.

Pepe
    2013 Z9
    2023 250 Mercury Pro XS
    Minn Kota 112 lb Ultrex
    Lowrance HDS 12 Live console
    Lowrance HDS 9 Live bow (with Active Target)
    Lowrance HDS Carbon 9 bow

2. Member
    That mount you posted should work just fine and be what you’re looking for. Precision makes a really nice mount. I have one on my boat, just not that model!
    2017 Nitro Z20 w/ Mercury 250 Pro XS
    MK Ultrex 112# Mega DI/ Mega 360
    Console: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MSI G3N
    Bow: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MDI G4N

3. Member
    My 2016 Z21 has the same dash layout and I have that same mounting system for my Live 12. It works great.

4. Member
    Thanks for the input, fella's.

I found an old thread on here on BBC where a few fella's encountered this same issue - the problem was due to the the extended bezels on the gauges. They removed the bezels and that allowed for the HDS 12 Live to be mounted on my current mount.

Nitro Z8 HDS 12 Console Install - Remove Bezel from Speed-Tach gauges (bbcboards.net)

HDS12 Install Console Surface Mount - Dedicated Power via BlueSea 5025 (bbcboards.net)

Appreciate your assistance.

Pepe
    2013 Z9
    2023 250 Mercury Pro XS
    Minn Kota 112 lb Ultrex
    Lowrance HDS 12 Live console
    Lowrance HDS 9 Live bow (with Active Target)
    Lowrance HDS Carbon 9 bow

Z21 and z9 do not share the same dash.

I do prefer a non flush mount though..... but yes removing the bezels gave us enough room to install the 12in units of the time. Be careful I don't think the carbons are the same width as the live's. slight diff.

wish i could give you a better answer.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team