Online version of Garmin Maps?

Is their an online version of the maps that comes with the units? Wanting to do some homework at the computer but unable to find what I'm looking for. Really would like to have something that I can change the elevation level then do shading colors like you can on the unit itself. Thanks!

2. Member
    Active captain app works great.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

3. Member
    Garmin Vision + is worth the $250.

Okay never used active captain, will research it

5. Member
    Is Garmin vision + different than what comes on the units from factory?
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI

Quote Originally Posted by bnt55 View Post
    Is Garmin vision + different than what comes on the units from factory?
    Yes, Garmin Navionics Vision+ is the premium accessory mapping product. See this link below for more info.

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/MarineChart-MapPurchase/
    Garmin Pro Team

7. Member
    Active Captain is used for updating the software of all your units.

It also has a “Chart” function, which allows you to see your charts, your points that you created which then can be renamed and modified. Once you have all your points as desired, open the App with your units Wi-Fi network and it updates automatically.

I took my iPad with me while fishing in a buddy’s boat, opened Active Captain app and created several points. Once home I made symbol and name changes. Then synced with my units and now I have all User Data points visible on my iPad AC app and the graphs.

IMO, everyone should be using AC app for everything!

Vision + has the best features with dynamic lake level offset and relief shading that is awesome.
    JT

2014 Ranger Z521C / Yamaha VMAX SHO 250 / IONIC Batteries
    Garmin 57” Force TM, ECHOMAP Ultra 106sv’s, LVS34

8. Member
    Does the dynamic lake level work differently on the Vision + than the G3 Ultra? If I remember correctly with the Ultra mapping you had physically be on the water to use dynamic lake level. Is there’s a way to use dynamic lake level at home using AC with G3 Ultra (on applicable water ways)? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BASStard6344 View Post
    Does the dynamic lake level work differently on the Vision + than the G3 Ultra? If I remember correctly with the Ultra mapping you had physically be on the water to use dynamic lake level. Is there’s a way to use dynamic lake level at home using AC with G3 Ultra (on applicable water ways)? Thanks
    Seems like I remember putting my MFD in demo which allowed me to use the offset while sitting in my garage but I've not done it in a long time so I might not be right on that. (That was with the G3 ultra. Haven't tried with my new V+)
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

Quote Originally Posted by 86 inches View Post
    Seems like I remember putting my MFD in demo which allowed me to use the offset while sitting in my garage but I've not done it in a long time so I might not be right on that. (That was with the G3 ultra. Haven't tried with my new V+)
    Yes, this works the same way with Vision+ (Simulator Mode, then place your location on the lake of interest).
    Garmin Pro Team

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    Active Captain is used for updating the software of all your units.

It also has a “Chart” function, which allows you to see your charts, your points that you created which then can be renamed and modified. Once you have all your points as desired, open the App with your units Wi-Fi network and it updates automatically.

I took my iPad with me while fishing in a buddy’s boat, opened Active Captain app and created several points. Once home I made symbol and name changes. Then synced with my units and now I have all User Data points visible on my iPad AC app and the graphs.

IMO, everyone should be using AC app for everything!

Vision + has the best features with dynamic lake level offset and relief shading that is awesome.
    I absolutely love being able to hang out on the couch and delete / organize waypoints on my phone.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package