Banned

Powerpole Reservoir Fluid Capacity

removed both powerpole pumps and purged lines. The "Max/Min" capacity lines on the reservoir are very faint so I took a sharpie and filled it. I did not want to fill with fluid prior to reinstalling for fear of spilling fluid. So, now that I have them installed, I cannot see the aforementioned lines. Does anyone know the fluid capacity of these reservoirs? I have googled with no luck. Next step, ask JL Marine. Great customer service. Thanks.

2. Member
    I believe its 2 -1/4" in the revivor will be good

3. Banned
    you may be close. I appreciate your response, thanks.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    If pumps are out best yo fill them to max before putting back in 1/4" down from the rounded part of the reservoir would be perfect. Always check fluid levels after all air is putlrged from the system

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    If pumps are out best yo fill them to max before putting back in 1/4" down from the rounded part of the reservoir would be perfect. Always check fluid levels after all air is putlrged from the system
    you apparently did not read my initial post. based on location of pumps I DID NOT WANT TO FILL PRIOR TO REINSTALL. Nevertheless, I appreciate your response.

6. mikesxpress
    Best to use your Sharpie and extend the Min/Max lines around the reservoir to where you can see them. After purging the system you'll have to add more fluid.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Best to use your Sharpie and extend the Min/Max lines around the reservoir to where you can see them. After purging the system you'll have to add more fluid.
    that is a great idea. wish I had thought of that.

Its not rocket science you want more than 5/8 and less that 7/8ths a tank. If they are mounted at a slight angle, you just have to mentally average it, if your to low you may get air bubbles, and less power/slowly opening when running, if your to full you may loose some fluid out of the cap vent ( same as running hard in rough water) so really no big deal either way

9. Banned
    As info, JL Marine sez...the reservoirs hold approximately 27 ounces.