Live 12 upate issue

Hi. I just got a live 12 added to my boat. I have a Carbon 16 at the dash, Live 12 and Carbon 12 at the bow. Carbon for AT, but they are all networked together. Along with Ghost. I have never had issues with updates in the past. I can't seem to get this unit updated, along with Trolling motor.

I downloaded updated to sd card in FAT32 format. When I insert it into the Live, it doesn't automatically update. When I check it in the storage section it says "not valid for this model". it is in .upd format.
    As for the Ghost, I downloaded the update on my Carbon and Live. I see the update on the card. Click on upgrade. Then it won't show the option to download it on the next page. That is in the .swup I'm also familiar with this process of manually installing updates, just did it for AT
    Appreciate any help on this. Thanks

2. Member
    First thing Turn on Ghost go to any unit, Pages/Settings/Network/Device list? Does the ghost show up on the device list? if yes fine, If no that is your issue. Next is your SD Card 32gb or smaller? Will not work over 32gb, Could be a bad card. Sandisk is the best brand they are the originators and everyone else is a copy. Can't tell how you downloaded the updates. FIrst never use WIFI for that too many issues. Download to your computer then onto the SD Card from there. A new card still should be formatted to Fat32. THe units are networked through Ethernet and the Ghost is networked through NMEA. 2 different systems. Ea Model units have there own update, so the same 22.1.1 is not valid for both Carbon and Live Download 2 different updates. Try a different card slot could have a bad card reader. THe units are auto updated by putting card in and turning on the unit. The Ghost is a manual put the card in go to storage find the card touch the update file and follow the instructions. Maybe something here will get you going. Lots of details to do this correctly.

3. Member
    Only thing I can't confirm is the ghost showing up on device list. I did everything else. Have a 16gb SanDisk. Brand new. Have separate updates downloaded for each unit. I did it on my computer. Then drug from downloads on my computer to SD card slot. When I turned the carbon on, it automatically downloaded the update like it should. It's the live I'm having problems with. And I want to confirm seeing the ghost on the device list

4. Member
    Also tried both card reader slots. But it shows the download on the unit in either. And map works fine in the other

5. Member
    I even tried downloading using Chrome. Then again using Firefox. I've never had this issue with my gen3 or carbon units.

6. Member
    if your Live is brand new does it have 22.1 update already? If so then it won't update it again Please Verify I only use Edge never a issue

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince521VX View Post
    Also tried both card reader slots. But it shows the download on the unit in either. And map works fine in the other
    What happens when you touch the file on the card?

8. Member
    the screen pops up with all the info. The upgrade button is not highlighted and it says "not valid for this model"

9. Member
    it is a brand new live. Maybe thats my issue lol. I'm trying to download an update already in it. But there isnt a page for the ghost 360 option. Unless there is something else I have to do for that. This particular hardware is all new to me. I just got the boat. Brought my carbon 12 and AT from my old boat. Bought the 12 Live, and it had the ghost on there. I know the ghost is hooked up to the NMEA network, and both units are also connected to the NMEA network

10. Member
    I will have to check. Maybe he already had the latest update in the ghost as well?

11. Member
    Mine did same thing
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

12. Member
    You have to turn on the 360 feature.
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

13. Member
    If you have no ICON on the home page for 360 then as NoCal says go to Advanced settings and turn on 360.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince521VX View Post
    it is a brand new live. Maybe thats my issue lol. I'm trying to download an update already in it. But there isnt a page for the ghost 360 option. Unless there is something else I have to do for that. This particular hardware is all new to me. I just got the boat. Brought my carbon 12 and AT from my old boat. Bought the 12 Live, and it had the ghost on there. I know the ghost is hooked up to the NMEA network, and both units are also connected to the NMEA network

Your new live 12 has a software version ending in 1.35 or 37 and none of the past or current live updates are compatible with it nor will replace it. Someone asked about this in a different post and got a reply saying something about the chip sets were different and there will be a new live update out before long that should work for all live units.

15. Member
    It's all starting to make sense now. Thanks everyone for the quick and knowledgeable responses. I am going to check and see if the ghost is in my device list. then I'll take that step from there

16. Member
    Figured everything out! Thanks everyone for your help. This boat is new to me, graphs work without turning main power on. Once I tried switching power on today, everything else came to life lol. He must have the NMEA network powered through the main power. Graphs have dedicated wiring to them running to a circuit breaker then battery. Ghost showed up, point 1 showed up. Got all other updates installed. All good now.