Ghost pedal (recall)

I took my Ghost to the guy who rigs my boat to perform the recall service on the pedal. He noticed the following from the video attached. I don’t have an authorized Lowrance service center nearby. Any feedback or suggestions as to what it may be or is it something that Lowrance should deal with direct?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wonderful View Post
    I took my Ghost to the guy who rigs my boat to perform the recall service on the pedal. He noticed the following from the video attached. I don’t have an authorized Lowrance service center nearby. Any feedback or suggestions as to what it may be or is it something that Lowrance should deal with direct?
    Well according to what I see on the video... oh wait a minute, there is no video attached. lol

3. Member
    Trying to upload from my phone…striking out lol

4. Member
    If the recall is the updated foot pedal wiring is what you are speaking of, it is just an easy wire move from one terminal to another.
    Is this what you are referring to?

5. Member
    From what I understood in the video, some need the wire moved and some don’t. Piss poor video in my opinion.

6. Member
    Solid Red Wire needs paired with the Red & Black wire at the original Red & Black location.

“some do and some don’t” = the factory has already made the wire move in production and the pedal plate will have a sticker saying TB-164642 on the bottom.

pretty simple if you ask me.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06x6spdGTO View Post
    Solid Red Wire needs paired with the Red & Black wire at the original Red & Black location.

“some do and some don’t” = the factory has already made the wire move in production and the pedal plate will have a sticker saying TB-164642 on the bottom.

pretty simple if you ask me.

I have one of the first ones sold and there was no sticker, nor did it look like the one in the video that they moved the wire on.

8. Member
    My Ghost is subject to the recall. Lowrance has fairly clear instructions posted on their website and I plan to do the repair myself today or tomorrow. Seems very simple, and Lowrance clearly states it’s OK if people want to perform the repair themselves and it won’t effect your warranty.

Here’s the link: https://www.lowrance.com/globalasset...m_medium=email
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559

9. Member
    I can’t get the video to upload here but the issue is with the post on the hot (red/black) that Lowrance wants the other wire moved to. That post is loose in the potting and the guy who currently has my boat is worried that if the post is bad it could be an issue down the road.

10. Member
    Its pretty straight forward... lowrance listed the serial numbers that require it. The longest part is removing the plate on bottom of peddle. Took me 10 min to complete.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass_boat_boy View Post
    Its pretty straight forward... lowrance listed the serial numbers that require it. The longest part is removing the plate on bottom of peddle. Took me 10 min to complete.
    The issue isn't with the instructions directly related to the recall. The post that you need to move that wire to in my pedal is broken inside of the potting. They told me that the entire board needs replaced, to put a bow on this thread.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wonderful View Post
    The issue isn't with the instructions directly related to the recall. The post that you need to move that wire to in my pedal is broken inside of the potting. They told me that the entire board needs replaced, to put a bow on this thread.
    If the post (Stand-off) is loose it could be a over torque issue in installation??

The post (stand-off) isn't part of the re-work, moving the wire is.
    Think you might be getting some flack as the re-work is simple and many don't have issues with the stand-off being loose in the potting. - Regardless I would contact Lowrance CS and inquire about the loose stand-off for options to replace the board.

13. Member
    Took all of about 45 minutes today for me to do it. Hardest part was getting a stripped torx screw out of the foot pedal mounting hole. Not that hard to do and the boat still floats and the prop still spins.