Ionic batteries app

I have 3 batteries from ionic. A 125ah, and 2-50ah. So I downloaded the ionic app and it automatically connected to the 3 batteries. My questions being if someone else has the app or batteries near me will my app automatically show their batteries or my batteries on their app?

2. Member
    You will be able to see others batteries and they can see yours also. Rename the batteries appropriately so you know what they are.

3. Member
    And get ready to rename them again when one of your buddys change them to something you wouldn't want to show anybody!

I wish there was a switch on the case of the batteries so they are not in there screaming steel me to anyone walking by the hotel... but yeah they dont need the app, just opening Bluetooth in your phone will show the Bluetooth channel, so if you have a blue bas cat and your parked next to a red skeeter just name them red skeeter 1,2,3... lol

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    I wish there was a switch on the case of the batteries so they are not in there screaming steel me to anyone walking by the hotel... but yeah they dont need the app, just opening Bluetooth in your phone will show the Bluetooth channel, so if you have a blue bas cat and your parked next to a red skeeter just name them red skeeter 1,2,3... lol
    Ok. Thanks everyone! Lol. Some great responses. Love bbc

6. Member
    Or just keep the battery #assigned from the factory and write it on the top of your corresponding battery with a sharpie. Or print a tag and stick it to the top of the battery.

You can also change the name on anyone's battery to whatever you want....hmmmmm

8. Member
    Do you have to login through the app in order to change the name? If so, how do you get a password?

9. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    Do you have to login through the app in order to change the name? If so, how do you get a password?
    app does not require a password, the password is stored internally in the BMS and is required to access advanced settings to rename the battery
    the password will always be 1234 or 0000, we can not allow password change because if the person forgets the password the battery would have to be sent back to IONIC to be reprogramed
    that could change in the future but would require a button reset on the battery
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

10. Member
    Thanks, my boat shop failed to pass that along.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

11. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

12. Member
    My lithium batteries use an app called Smart BMS, it’s good for many brands of bms. For shits and giggles I tried and succeeded connecting to a friends Ionic batteries at the dock. The app has an on/off for the batteries. I shut them down on him. Drove him nuts for a good 10 15 minutes trying to figure out why he had no power. I turned his batteries back on which left him puzzled as to why they started working all of the sudden. I’ll probably mess with this batteries again this season if I get the chance.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCas View Post
    My lithium batteries use an app called Smart BMS, it’s good for many brands of bms. For shits and giggles I tried and succeeded connecting to a friends Ionic batteries at the dock. The app has an on/off for the batteries. I shut them down on him. Drove him nuts for a good 10 15 minutes trying to figure out why he had no power. I turned his batteries back on which left him puzzled as to why they started working all of the sudden. I’ll probably mess with this batteries again this season if I get the chance.

is this the one? Could you read his battery charge percentage too?

3BEA2831-02A1-48DE-842E-BB54F47AE430.jpeg

14. Member
    That’s funny right there.
    I have a buddy in Texas I’d like to be able to do that to.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    is this the one? Could you read his battery charge percentage too?

3BEA2831-02A1-48DE-842E-BB54F47AE430.jpeg
    YesSir, that’s the one. It works with Daly bms’s and some other brands. Depends on which Chinesium parts they put into the battery when it was made but it’s worth a shot.

16. Member
    YesSir, that’s the one. It works with Daly bms’s and some other brands. Depends on which Chinesium parts they put into the battery when it was made but it’s worth a shot.

Thanks, I have 2 different brands of lithiums, hopefully it’ll read both.

17. Member
    Thank you
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASStard6344 View Post
    That’s funny right there.
    I have a buddy in Texas I’d like to be able to do that to.

Ohhhhh funny guy, I didn’t see who wrote that earlier!