Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pro tourney fishing boring anymore

I used to look forward watching the tournaments of the bassmasters and elites back in the day. Now with the integration of forward facing sonar it has just lost its appeal big time. Just about every guy, not all though, looking down at a screen all day is pretty pathetic and I get it, that’s what you need if you want to cash a check anymore. It’s hard to determine who’s actually on top of their game in this sport knowing any kid or teenager can go out there with the same technology and do the same thing. Not to mention the physiological effects some of these fish go through after being brought up out of 40+ fow. Barotrauma takes its toll on these fish and although a lot of fish swim away ok doesn’t mean they’re goin to survive. Fizzing the fish too isn’t always a promising solution, many don’t even know how to do it properly. Feel bad for the future of our kids and this sport.

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Well i guess we can compare kids sticking their heads in phones/tablets/video games to adults staring at their FFS images......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Agree with big foot ( I'm old ) I just miss the days of them cranking and buzzing the shallow water . Those pro's didn't need $25,000.00 worth of graphs on the boat , also nothing is more boring to watch than drop shooting for small mouth , even though I know it's fun to do . I do enjoy some of the MLF events .

4. Member
    I still enjoy it. I am not a FFS guy either. Maybe some day I will install it.

I heard Chris Zaldain mentioning that Bassmaster is working with Humminbird to connect directly to the anglers Live imaging to display on live TV.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nicapopolis View Post
    I still enjoy it. I am not a FFS guy either. Maybe some day I will install it.

I heard Chris Zaldain mentioning that Bassmaster is working with Humminbird to connect directly to the anglers Live imaging to display on live TV.
    They need to. You can do it with Lowrance already with the Go Free app and a broadcasting app like OBS Studio. If I can see it on a device like a phone then I can broadcast it real time.

I would like to try to stream live while fishing and inlay the graph screens on the broadcast. The tech is there.

6. Member
    I still prefer MLF over Bass. Just know more of the guys

7. Member
    Yeah, If they incorporate the screen images when they can, on the live stream, as some do already, it would make it more interesting. It is difficult to watch if you can't see what they are looking at on the screen. I am a fan of FFS and want to see the screen they are looking at to continue to learn how to use it.

8. Member
    Funny thing is Bass guys used to cat the same kind of fish. Weigh big bags. All done with a flasher on the boat.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Well i guess we can compare kids sticking their heads in phones/tablets/video games to adults staring at their FFS images......
    Heck most adults stare at their phones constantly too. Most don't even begin to realize how much they do it themselves then they gripe about fishermen staring at ffs screens all day.

With that theory they should all be ending tournaments tied, no one wins.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

11. Member
    It just takes a lot of the guess work out of fishing. Think the biggest thing people forget about is what happens to the fish themselves. Everyone enjoys catching them but don't want to think or care about how it affects our fisheries in the long run. I live a good life with a good paying job and have no problem affording the tech but still won't commit.

12. Member
    I’m old… and don’t care. Enjoy watching them master their craft. Using FS isn’t easy. Try it.

13. Member
    I’m okay with you not being interested in it.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JB134 View Post
    I’m old… and don’t care. Enjoy watching them master their craft. Using FS isn’t easy. Try it.
    Well said!
    Rad Brewer

15. Member
    Had to opportunity to try it a couple times on others boats, it a lot easier than you think. Took me no time at all to figure it out. Definitely not any harder than fishing without it, let’s put it that way.

16. Member
    I still enjoy watching it regardless…it’s fishing! Most of the time I just have it on while I’m grading papers, doing lesson plans, or inside chores. I also like to have it playing in the shop while I’m piddling in the boat.

17. Member
    It sucks to watch anglers watch livescope all day don’t watch tournaments anymore it’s like watching paint peel

I'ts nice to have choices !
    I choose to watch.

19. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Not nearly as entertaining as the 90’s and before. Not the same without Ray Scott and Bob Cobb. I often watch those old ones on YouTube.

20. Member
    I prefer fishing over watching other people fish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast