What if....was it the Will of God

This thought is something I have contemplated many times. What if....Pontious Pilate had not condemned Jesus? As it was....Pilate was on the bubble in regards to Jesus' crucifixion. Was it the Will of God that aided Pilate in making the decision? Sometimes I think that initially Pilate did not see fit for Jesus to be condemned...but rather he did it out of "worry" that there would be an insurrection by the Jews.

Christ was meant to be crucified....it was by that "deed" that our salvation was insured. Had Pilate not condemned him....what would the outcome have been. Would or could he have suffered another type of passion and death? It was inevitable that Jesus was to be crucified but that thought lingers in my mind.

What say you.....
    Last edited by drifter106; 03-18-2023 at 02:57 AM.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

2. Member
    Gods perfect Will was accomplished the way He planned it from the beginning. However, I do remember thinking the same thing when I first read the account. I now just immediately turn to the knowledge that God is Sovereign and all things are done in His Will and for His glory.

3. Member
    Stay away and possibly never play the game "what if?", in my opinion it's the son of perdition's best tool from keeping you from moving forward in your life, regardless of what aspect of it.

There is 2 things in life that you cannot bring back, life and time. Once they are gone, only God can bring them back.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter106 View Post
    This thought is something I have contemplated many times. What if....Pontious Pilate had not condemned Jesus? As it was....Pilate was on the bubble in regards to Jesus' crucifixion. Was it the Will of God that aided Pilate in making the decision? Sometimes I think that initially Pilate did not see fit for Jesus to be condemned...but rather he did it out of "worry" that there would be an insurrection by the Jews.

Christ was meant to be crucified....it was by that "deed" that our salvation was insured. Had Pilate not condemned him....what would the outcome have been. Would or could he have suffered another type of passion and death? It was inevitable that Jesus was to be crucified but that thought lingers in my mind.

What say you.....
    Pilate decision to go on with the crucifixion was based on self preservation, since the Jews were not happy with him; hence the threat of possible rebellion, and Rome didn't like him; hence the reason why he was sent to the outpost of Jerusalem.

5. Member
    The free will of man never decides the perfect will of God. Our finite comprehension of how God will is accomplished is of no consequence.
    Mike Clemons-Lake Butler, Fla..
    97 Gambler Intimidater / 200 EFI Merc