Capsized boat on Jordan

Does anyone have information about the boat that capsized close to Farrington ramp today? I was out for a little while late morning to early afternoon and it was rough or at least rougher than I wanted to fish in.
    1998 Triton TR20
    1998 Mercury 200EFI

2. Member
    I heard it on the news tonight as well. We put in at Poe and caught a few nice fat bass but The wind around hit hard for about 15 minutes then calmed down to 25 mph. We left around 2:30 cause the wind was just crazy. My the man who died RIP. They 2 deaths in 2 weeks at Farrington point area. One other is in the hospital in serious condition. Folks, IDC what anyone says. Wear a life vest. Those suspender types are $65 right now at bass pro. It could seriously save you life. The driver of the boat has to live with that for the rest of his life. Winds that gusted up to the 40 mph can sure flip a boat even when you think no it can’t.

3. Member
    Sad as this was avoidable. I have seen more boats and people ill equipped for foul weather than I care to think about. On windy days small boats with no life life jackets, can barely crank the big motor at the ramp, overloaded (with people and beer).

4. Banned
    Even a helmet when it is that rough is not crazy to think about especially if you run hard.

Thoughts to the families.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by old4runner View Post
    Even a helmet when it is that rough is not crazy to think about especially if you run hard.

Thoughts to the families.
    Very sad, prayers to all the families.

Ever try to swim wearing a helmet? Get a good lifejacket. Don't take it off. Live long time.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDyer View Post
    Very sad, prayers to all the families.

Ever try to swim wearing a helmet? Get a good lifejacket. Don't take it off. Live long time.
    Not only that , if you hit water hard with helmet it will snap your neck . Use to wear one in the rain but don't even do that anymore.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by logjam View Post
    Not only that , if you hit water hard with helmet it will snap your neck . Use to wear one in the rain but don't even do that anymore.
    Y worry, U dont fish in the rain/wind anyway..roflmbo..

I have seen the waves so bad at Farrington that when a guy was launching his aluminum bass tracker the waves just snatched the boat off the trailer and capsized it. His gas tank was floating in the water and his tackle and stuff sank. Had we not been there pulling our boats out after the Tournament his boat would have been gone. When the wind blows that direction all day long its nothing to mess with. Sad story.
    Discipline is the key, if you can't hack it, pack it!