Torque master hubs

What is the difference in the 840237-c and 840237-cb hubs? I have one of both and the cb is a lot snugger than the plain c are both of these for my torque master or is one of these wrong? For reference it’s fury and tempest props but the cb is way snugger vs the c in all of them.
    2018 Basscat Eyra
    2018 Mercury Pro Xs (2B525470)

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Both are CASTING NUMBERS, not part numbers. Mercury uses those numbers internally, during production (only).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Both are CASTING NUMBERS, not part numbers. Mercury uses those numbers internally, during production (only).
    So this loose feel is either just worn or rubber stubs are worn out then? Haven’t had the chance to get my hand on calipers to measure
    2018 Basscat Eyra
    2018 Mercury Pro Xs (2B525470)

I experienced the very same thing you have. I have both solid hubs, the C casting hub is my original and is heavily used and fits with ease. The new one I bought is the CB casting and is a pretty tight fit. I just attributed it to being new and not broke in???

2012 Ranger z521
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Some of the hubs that were solely cast material have a new cast used in production and a machined surface for more precise tolerance and fitment.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor