Powerpole voltage sag when sitting.

I purchased my boat used last year. Early on I noticed the pole would sometimes not come up after being down for a while. To correct I would turn off power and turn back on and it would raise.

Recently it went down and wouldn't come up no matter what. I contacted Powerpole and they told me to check the voltage on the board amd harness. Harness voltage is 12.5V and pins are 6V.

They send me a new board. I plug it in and the LED starts flashing but that is it. Voltage varies from about 8 to 10.2 as the led flashes. I again check voltage at harness and I'm at 12.5V. Powerpole is insisting the harness is bad. I'm trying to figure out how that could be as the board is the loaf and shouldn't drop 3V from just being plugged in. Has anyone else run in to this issue.

2. Member
    I had a similar issue with my hummin bird when I got my boat. Think it was a loose connection on the power lead that caused it. Was reading 12v on the plug but once powered on got low voltage warnings. After I re wired it the issue was fixed.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    I will give this one a shot..

When you are able to troubleshoot while in the boat give me a call 954-917-0634 Have a multimeter handy.

Regards

Rich