Wiring Dual Talons on a 2000 year Skeeter?

Question for anyone that has installed dual Talons or Poles on an older Skeeter. I have a ZX195c, the starboard side of the boat has a hole with a clamshell covering it where the steering cables go into the boat. I can run the wiring for the starboard Talon through that hole but the wiring for the port Talon isn't long enough to go through that hole. With that said do I drill another hole on the port side or extend the wires? I'd love to hear what others have done that have older Skeeters. Thanks

2. Member
    You will have to drill 2 holes so you can run lines through, buy 2 more clamshells. Talons are heavy, I would go with Power Poles. I bought 2 new Talons when they first came out and switched over to Power Poles, alot less weight on the back.

3. Member
    No room for pumps. I'm running lithium's so that eliminated a bunch of weight. I only need to drill a hole on the port side as the starboard side already has a hole with a clam shell.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KB1953 View Post
    You will have to drill 2 holes so you can run lines through, buy 2 more clamshells. Talons are heavy, I would go with Power Poles. I bought 2 new Talons when they first came out and switched over to Power Poles, alot less weight on the back.
    WRONG !! He does NOT have to drill 2 holes. He can extend the wires. Educate himself on what butt connection to use for the wire size, how to properly crimp them, and heat shrink over the connectors.

Ask a guy how to tune piano and someone will say buy a guitar.

5. Member
    Roper56,

That's exactly what I did. Thanks