Newbie to the basscats

Just purchased my first basscat. It's a 07 puma with a 2014 250 pro xs. Has a 36 ultrex and power poles and the fella I got it from never really ran the boat hard. I've had plenty fast boats in the passed from bullets, Triton skeeters with flashed SHO. Just wondering what prop would be best for this setup. It currently has a 25 fury on it. I only ran it once so far on a small bayou but ran 72 with 2 people before I had to get out of it to make a hard turn so I'm not sure where it will top out just yet with this setup. Just looking for others input on there setup I guess. Thanks

Welcome to the crew here and we hope you enjoy it. Get signed up for Quest and the Lifetime Warranty transfer so you’re ready if you win and take your time learning the top end. The rig is capable of close to 80’s if not more and the 25 Fury is where we would start.

3. Member
    07 Puma with an 07 250 pro xs and I run a 26 fury and she'll do 76. No poles though.
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

4. Member
    Awesome thanks guys I appreciate it

5. Member
    Awesome congrats!

6. Member
    Seems like she likes to run with a little less trim than I am used to from my skeeters. My Holeshot is suffering pretty bad with hydraulic plate all the way down and trim tucked all the way under with 50 gallons of fuel 2 people fully loaded water in livewell and the power poles. Can you recommend anything to help.

Jackplate should be high for takeoff, then lowered when you get going. Cats do run with less trim than other brands.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS