Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Have the new senkos changed formula and lost their juice?

Something seems and feels different since Gary sold the company…

Not that I’ve noticed…I pretty much only use 6-7 inch.

3. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Haven't seen or felt a new one yet ,working on old new stock...lmao
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Not that I’ve noticed…I pretty much only use 6-7 inch.
    That’s what she said!

Seriously though, why mess with a good thing? The new seven packs at $5 is kinda like reduced size of ice cream “1/2 gallon” but keeping same price. Fortunately, have around 75 bags of old stock.
    2023 BassCat Sabre FTD
    2023 175 Pro XS

5. Member
    Going to get a Senko mold, cheap microwave and some pyrex cups to try to duplicate as close as possible. The BP house brand is not too bad either.

6. Member
    I'll just stick to buying knock-off stick baits that are priced right. The bass don't care when it's neko/wacky rigged. Whatever is on sale, I'll stock up and not feel the need to buy non gary senkos.

7. Member
    If the new owners are smart, they won't change the original product, unless they want to drop the price a little

8. Member
    General works just as good

9. Member
    I was wondering this myself. I wouldn't be shocked if they changed it in some way, thinking they could somehow improve it. You know...fixing something that ain't broke.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    I was wondering this myself. I wouldn't be shocked if they changed it in some way, thinking they could somehow improve it. You know...fixing something that ain't broke.
    More likely that they would change it in some way to cut down on production costs.

11. Member
    I am still working on my old stockpile, so I don't have any opinion on the newer senkos.

That said, I bought a decent amount of the new ned rig baits, and really haven't been impressed with them. The "floating" formula doesn't really seem to float, and the maxscent little generals and missile baits ned bomb really seem to out catch them. Hopefully the products don't go downhill, love the original senkos and the flappin hawgs from them.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by morrcat33 View Post
    I'll just stick to buying knock-off stick baits that are priced right. The bass don't care when it's neko/wacky rigged. Whatever is on sale, I'll stock up and not feel the need to buy non gary senkos.
    Such a bizarre response and in no way answers his question.
    OP, i have some new packs but have yet to fish them. They feel the same as the older ones I have.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    I am still working on my old stockpile, so I don't have any opinion on the newer senkos.

That said, I bought a decent amount of the new ned rig baits, and really haven't been impressed with them. The "floating" formula doesn't really seem to float, and the maxscent little generals and missile baits ned bomb really seem to out catch them. Hopefully the products don't go downhill, love the original senkos and the flappin hawgs from them.
    ya Im with you on the GYB ned baits. I’ve only caught rock bass with them and even then other baits just produce better. I just stick with TRDs, Maxscent hit worms, or cut in half used generals.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveBrabec View Post
    General works just as good
    Yes Sir

15. Member
    I buy the 4 in in 50 packs off an Ebay guy, like others still working thru my old stock. Got a new boat recently and decided to really slim down the tackle and go thru or get rid of a lot of the old stuff and keep in stock what I use the most around here. Adding Rayburn in this year and am waiting to see what direction that sends me on the have to have baits.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    ya Im with you on the GYB ned baits. I’ve only caught rock bass with them and even then other baits just produce better. I just stick with TRDs, Maxscent hit worms, or cut in half used generals.
    It's strange because they have great colors, and its not like the profile is massively different than a regular ned bait. Can't explain it.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Didn’t know ownership of Senkos changed hands. I have a bunch of the ones in the old packaging. Wally World usually has the cheapest price compared to Dicks. I was in WW today and saw the new packaged 7 packs for $4.98. Only had one of the two colors I use and picked up 4 packs. Won’t know how they compare to the original ones for awhile, still ice fishing.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

18. Member
    I still use them but I have found that the Zoom Zlinky worm does just as good. Found a bunch on sale for $3.99 a bag and stocked up on them.

19. Member
    I haven't bought any new Yamamoto baits in very long time. I have plenty stockpiled after selling a couple hundred packs a couple years ago. I will say that I feel fortunate to have many of the original colors that fish still eat without fail. I wouldn't doubt that some changes will be made. The profit margin will dictate that.

20. Member
    One thing about the company that bought Yamamoto out they won't pour old color like Yamamoto use to. I call the new company they told me no they said they won't do it. I'm look for a bait company that pours 4" & 5" twin tail grubs in some older colors that they stop pouring I'm talking 1000 grubs per color and there 3 colors I'm looking for
    Building and Fishing custom jigs
    Since 1977
    12.9 2006
    12.5 1998
    Favorite Lakes
    Eastman Lake
    Hensley Lake

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast