1997 champion pedestal

See if anyone knows i have 97 champion 202 original pedestals are shot won’t stay up there the original black poles looking for a new one up front the taller pole not sure which one and were to buy?

2. Member
    I have a 96 202 mine were made by R&R Design they are called a slide& lock pedestal I called and ordered one yesterday. They said they are made to order and it would be 4-6 weeks before they shipped it out. I would think yours are the same but maybe some one else can confirm that.

3. Member
    I’m thinking the slide and lock were only a 1-2 year debacle. His are probably 1.75’s, which are next to impossible to find. The current ones are 1.77” and you have ti sand either the base or the pedestal base, to make them fit.

4. Member
    You can replace the hydraulic part in the pedestals.

5. Member
    Went by R&R design, and they don’t have mine. Measured think its 1.75 may buy 1.77 and try to sand down or look into replacing cylinder.

6. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I've replaced the gas cylinder in one of mine. The cylinder has a minute bit of slop in the bushing at the top of the pedestal, but not really noticeable. I've got another gas cylinder for another pedestal that I haven't tried yet, so don't know it works any better or not. Procedure to change the gas cylinder -- Replacing gas cly in snap lock pedestals (bbcboards.net)

Amazon.com : DOZYANT 6" Long Stroke Office Chair Gas Lift Cylinder Replacement,Hydraulic Pneumatic Shock Piston Heavy Duty (450 lbs) for Tall Person Universal Size Fits Most Executive Chairs, Highest End Class 4 : Office Products -- First one I ordered and am using now.

MySit 5.5" Office Chair Gas Lift Cylinder Replacement Parts, Heavy Duty 450lbs Long Stroke Hydraulic Pneumatic Shock Piston Universal Size Fits Most Executive Chairs, Gaming Chair, Class 4 (amazon.com) -- Second one I ordered that I haven't used yet.

If you get a new pedestal and it won't fit, check out this thread and look at my post #10 -- Pedestal stuck (bbcboards.net)

7. Member
    Great info thanks TX Champ

8. Member
    I mcgyvered my slide n lock seats bases to fit kingpin. Easier to find and almost anywhere
    1995 Champion 190 dcx Elite