Mercury Constant Beep.

I have a 2006 250 XS optimax. The other day when I was out it randomly did a one minute constant beep tone. It always did it when I was at idle speed. I am assuming it may be a thermostat issue but was looking for some help on this. I plan to check thermostats on Saturday. There is plenty of water coming out of the pee hole and good pressure.

Thanks,
    Mike

JEFF MURRAY USMC
    RANGER Z521C & 15 VERADO PRO 250
    DEEP CREEK LURES and ROSE JIGS
    GREENFISH TACKLE and ALX RODS

3. Member
    tell tale does not designate water supply to powerhead it is from compressor cooling system thermostats are known to be sticky on these engines
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mfbassin View Post
    I have a 2006 250 XS optimax. The other day when I was out it randomly did a one minute constant beep tone. It always did it when I was at idle speed. I am assuming it may be a thermostat issue but was looking for some help on this. I plan to check thermostats on Saturday. There is plenty of water coming out of the pee hole and good pressure.

Thanks,
    Mike
    The reference image above is not accurate to this model.

SOLID TONE warning is a CRITICAL WARNING, meaning you should shut the engine off as soon as safely possible and get it in for service. I would not continue to run the engine as most of the common causes of this warning can potentially cause serious engine damage.

If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 03-20-2023 at 04:22 PM.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor