ProMax prop on a Cat with a 4 stroke

I’ve been pretty happy with my Bravos but have an itch to try a ProMax. Anyone played with them?

We have and we weren’t tremendously satisfied. We do like them on larger loads.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    We have and we weren’t tremendously satisfied. We do like them on larger loads.

Thanks BCB. By Larger loads you mean like a 219 Yarcraft?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbhanger51 View Post
    mom pretty sure referencing a heavy loaded boat or a jag

No, heavier boats in the bass category.

Quote Originally Posted by Limbhanger51 View Post

6. Member
    Limb what boat are you running? I had a 26p promax that was my fishing prop on my Stroker and I ran it on my Lynx w 300 merc 4 stroke. Not sure if it’s the lynx or 4 st that didn’t like it. Stay with a bigger wheel
    2019 Basscat Lynx 300 Merc
    2001 Stroker

7. Member
    The promax is not that good on the basscat. 24pitch would lay you back in the seat until top end. Slow. 25 ok. Still slow. 26 holeshot was bad. 27. Worse. 28 was just awful. But the top end was nice. Best mid range prop prolly. Dont get the promax. Get the bravo 1 xs/fs. Its as good a 4 blade that ive tried. I run a fury4 with no complaints since they are a little cheaper. No blade problems. Ive had several. 24,25,26p. Good luck

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroker250xs View Post
    Limb what boat are you running? I had a 26p promax that was my fishing prop on my Stroker and I ran it on my Lynx w 300 merc 4 stroke. Not sure if it’s the lynx or 4 st that didn’t like it. Stay with a bigger wheel
    Im running the Puma STS with a 300xs. Currently running the Bravo XS 26. Love the prop just looking for a little more speed in a 4 blade.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkp2609 View Post
    The promax is not that good on the basscat. 24pitch would lay you back in the seat until top end. Slow. 25 ok. Still slow. 26 holeshot was bad. 27. Worse. 28 was just awful. But the top end was nice. Best mid range prop prolly. Dont get the promax. Get the bravo 1 xs/fs. Its as good a 4 blade that ive tried. I run a fury4 with no complaints since they are a little cheaper. No blade problems. Ive had several. 24,25,26p. Good luck
    Im running the Bravo XS had heard the Pro Max was faster that’s why I’m wondering.

Ric, I bet Robbie at Propellar Dynamics could squeeze a few mph out of your Bravo.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

11. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    The Pro Max is usually faster than the Bravo. So much of that depends on set up, load, and driver ability as well.

12. Member
    In my experience the promax dont like more weight compared to the bravo props. Rebel1 is right on. Set up, driver, etc. is the most important details to a good running prop/boat. Hard to beat bravo xs/fs prop for overall performance.