Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Whether it is or isn't "close" to either Garmin or Lowrance live sonar, I won't comment on... That really depends on how good a person is with tweaking each technology. What I will say is that Mega Live does a great job for me and is totally integrated into my Humminbird and Cannon infrastructure... Anything, Anywhere, All at Once. There is great value to me to be able to see Mega Live, Mega 360, SI, DI, 2D, and VX Mapping from any screen on my boat in any combination imaginable on Solix or Apex... Including Mega 360 and Mega Live side by side on my Apex 19... Wow... Just wow.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

2. Member
    I just bought mega live.. installing today. I wanted simple and I didn't want have multiple brands and batteries to mess with. I think for what I'm looking for, ML will be great. I trust humminbird and I know how to operate the units.
    Last edited by Bogeypro; 03-19-2023 at 07:12 PM.
    2023 Skeeter FXR20
    Lake Guntersville

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    I hadn't seen that article. A great example of the power of Mega 360 (seek) and Mega Live (destroy)!
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

5. Member
    So far mine is considered a waste of funds. My regular 360 has paid for itself 3 times over. Hopefully that changes by the end of the year.

6. Member
    I am happy with my ML. I bought a used Ranger a few years back and my plan was to keep one of my Garmin 106sv and add LiveScope to the Ranger. However the Ranger had a Helix 10 at Console,Helix 12 at Bow and Network box. I knew I was going to add Ultrex TM to Ranger so when came time for Forward facing sonar I decided to " stay in the family" and added the ML and another Helix 12 into my Network.I do a lot of Vertical fishing year round and ML really has increased my fish catching. I have fished with guys using their LiveScope and yes LS probably a little better than ML but each update HB has put out has improved ML for me so I am happy with my setup.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Everyone would for free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12