Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Let's see dual livescope setup on trolling motor!

Getting ready to add another livescope to my boat. I would like to see some install photos of the transducers on the trolling motor. Would also like to hear any problems you may have ran into. Thanks!
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

2. Member
    This guy did it but they don't show the actual transducer mount.
    In this video he shows what he is using it for. He took his HB 360 off the boat and sold his HB 12" GN4 and bought another Garmin so he can have one screen dedicated to forward and another screen dedicated to LVS.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swglenn View Post
    This guy did it but they don't show the actual transducer mount.
    In this video he shows what he is using it for. He took his HB 360 off the boat and sold his HB 12" GN4 and bought another Garmin so he can have one screen dedicated to forward and another screen dedicated to LVS.
    That’s Ken Smith. He has one on the barrel of the trolling motor and one on the shaft in perspective mode. I’ve watched all his videos talking about it. Good info though.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

These are the lvs34 so its a little easier than the lvs32 due to the knobs on the 34. They are on a pole but the same can be done on the trolling motor shaft. They are set up in the pics at 90* in forward mode for when I open water fish and use two poles. I can easily switch the top one to perspective mode facing the same as the other in forward mode.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GPtimes2; 03-17-2023 at 08:02 AM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GPtimes2 View Post
    These are the lvs34 so its a little easier than the lvs32 due to the knobs on the 34. They are on a pole but the same can be done on the trolling motor shaft. They are set up in the pics at 90* in forward mode for when I open water fish and use two poles. I can easily switch the top one to perspective mode facing the same as the other in forward mode.
    Nice! I'll be installing a second one next week. Wanted to see some setups and pros or cons people have ran into. Thank you.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

6. Member
    I have two installed at the moment on my trolling motor shaft. Just got a new mount in the mail today to hopefully allow my perspective mode to clear the lvs 34 on forward below it. Really want the perspective up high so I can adjust it with my new mount and see in shallow water better. Have to be careful in getting the forward view to far down the shaft and not clearing the trolling motor head. With aftermarket mounts this can be easily done. Have one but may end up with two aftermarket mounts.

Really don't want to install anything on the actual barrell of the trolling motor due to banging it off cover.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NCSURodney View Post
    I have two installed at the moment on my trolling motor shaft. Just got a new mount in the mail today to hopefully allow my perspective mode to clear the lvs 34 on forward below it. Really want the perspective up high so I can adjust it with my new mount and see in shallow water better. Have to be careful in getting the forward view to far down the shaft and not clearing the trolling motor head. With aftermarket mounts this can be easily done. Have one but may end up with two aftermarket mounts.

Really don't want to install anything on the actual barrell of the trolling motor due to banging it off cover.
    This was my thinking too. I may just end up buying two fish obsessed mounts to accomplish what I plan on during.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

8. Member
    So I just installed my second transducer and removed my 360 setup. I went with a the fish obsessed zero degree mount / spacer for my forward transducer, and its located just above the head of the trolling motor. The fish obsessed zero degree mount has a large spacer which allows a clear picture.

My perspective mode mount is a fish obsessed mount I have partway up the shaft. I used this mount as I wanted to be able to adjust the angle of perspective mode. My initial setup I had it too high on the trolling motor shaft and was right at the water surface. Last night I re-adjusted and it should be better. Wouldn't call myself an expert with perspective mode, but I hated my 360 setup and preferred another garmin graph. The other upside is if my regular forward transducer goes out, I can adjust the fish obsessed mount to forward mode and I have a backup transducer.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    So I just installed my second transducer and removed my 360 setup. I went with a the fish obsessed zero degree mount / spacer for my forward transducer, and its located just above the head of the trolling motor. The fish obsessed zero degree mount has a large spacer which allows a clear picture.

My perspective mode mount is a fish obsessed mount I have partway up the shaft. I used this mount as I wanted to be able to adjust the angle of perspective mode. My initial setup I had it too high on the trolling motor shaft and was right at the water surface. Last night I re-adjusted and it should be better. Wouldn't call myself an expert with perspective mode, but I hated my 360 setup and preferred another garmin graph. The other upside is if my regular forward transducer goes out, I can adjust the fish obsessed mount to forward mode and I have a backup transducer.
    Great info. I'm going to start with one on the barrel of the trolling motor. Then I ordered a fish obsessed mount for perspective for the adjustability. I'm going to start there and see how I like it. Thanks for the reply and sounds like your setup is the way to go for sure.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickstanislaus View Post
    Great info. I'm going to start with one on the barrel of the trolling motor. Then I ordered a fish obsessed mount for perspective for the adjustability. I'm going to start there and see how I like it. Thanks for the reply and sounds like your setup is the way to go for sure.
    The one upside to using the fish obsessed spacer and zero degree mount is you don't have to deal with that 8 degree angle anymore. Not that it was a huge issue before, but I definitely could notice having to move the cone sometimes on long casts to pick up my bait. Plus it's still above the barrel of the trolling motor so in theory will be a little more protected.

One thing I don't like about the fish obsessed mount is the actual transducer mounting hardware. If it ever comes loose you have to completely take the mount apart to tighten it, not a great design on an otherwise solid product imo.

11. Member
    I just done this with 2 active target setups. Scout mode on top of the troller barrel and the forward view with a fish obsessed zero degree mount. Those mounts are the best I’ve had.

2F05E485-3132-49C8-917E-EBCC76D99CBC.jpeg 6D197064-353B-4AB9-ACC5-9753227C9B48.jpeg 618652F2-4DEF-432F-B1C9-AB01B9C284B1.jpeg

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    I just done this with 2 active target setups. Scout mode on top of the troller barrel and the forward view with a fish obsessed zero degree mount. Those mounts are the best I’ve had.

2F05E485-3132-49C8-917E-EBCC76D99CBC.jpeg 6D197064-353B-4AB9-ACC5-9753227C9B48.jpeg 618652F2-4DEF-432F-B1C9-AB01B9C284B1.jpeg
    You have a slick setup! That is a clean install. The only issue I see is how do you adjust your scout angle for different depth waters?
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

13. Member
    You have a slick setup! That is a clean install. The only issue I see is how do you adjust your scout angle for different depth waters?
    Thanks for the compliment. I don’t yet, I just put the scout setup on and only been out a couple times with it to make sure it all works together. The factory barrel scout mount is a 20deg angle. Since I have 2 AT kits I took the spare scout mount and I flattened it to 10deg. I just put the 10deg on for shallow water but haven’t been out yet to try it, come summer time I will put the 20deg one on for deep water. So far I haven’t planned to adjust it besides with those 2 brackets. I’ve been using 360 for a couple years now and will still use it too. I really like it and have gotten decent with it. I decided this year to try the dual ffs setup just for the heck of it.

14. Member
    Thanks for the compliment. I don’t yet, I just put the scout setup on and only been out a couple times with it to make sure it all works together. The factory barrel scout mount is a 20deg angle. Since I have 2 AT kits I took the spare scout mount and I flattened it to 10deg. I just put the 10deg on for shallow water but haven’t been out yet to try it, come summer time I will put the 20deg one on for deep water. So far I haven’t planned to adjust it besides with those 2 brackets. I’ve been using 360 for a couple years now and will still use it too. I really like it and have gotten decent with it. I decided this year to try the dual ffs setup just for the heck of it.
    Sounds like you have a plan. Between 10 and 20 degrees you should be pretty well set. Thanks for the replies. Waiting for all the parts and another livescope + to arrive. Then the fun begins.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

15. Member

Any interference issues? I got rid of my 360 partially because the interference on my forward mode transducer was annoying. I can even notice some now when I run perspective with my forward (its not that bad though).

16. Member
    I have a slight wave of interference when running both livescopes at the same time. Kind of a pulse in my forward view screen, not very troublesome. I keep the perspective transducer disabled most of the time.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NCSURodney View Post
    I have a slight wave of interference when running both livescopes at the same time. Kind of a pulse in my forward view screen, not very troublesome. I keep the perspective transducer disabled most of the time.
    Exactly the same as my setup. I figure when you have to transducer beams crossing over each other, a little interference is part of the deal.

18. Member
    Exactly the same as my setup. I figure when you have to transducer beams crossing over each other, a little interference is part of the deal.
    I have that same thing with forward and my 360. If that is all the interference you will get I am ok with that.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

19. Member
    I have that same thing with forward and my 360. If that is all the interference you will get I am ok with that.
    My 360 interference was worse than the perspective mode. When the beam would sweep at times it looked like a fish out at 100'. I'm sure I could've learned to live with it but never got used to it.

20. Member
    Any interference issues? I got rid of my 360 partially because the interference on my forward mode transducer was annoying. I can even notice some now when I run perspective with my forward (its not that bad though).
    I’ve only been out twice with this setup so far so I don’t have much time with it yet. I don’t get any interference from the 360 but I do get a little cross beams on the scout mode unit that is coming from the forward one but it is t that bad. Just like my lowrance AT’s, your Garmin units are both tx’g the same freq so you’re gonna get some crossover. If the freq was selectable on FFS then you could clear that issue up. Maybe that will be the next new thing on a future update, selectable freq just like on regular transducers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast