Ultrex pedal On/Off switch erratic operation

I noticed this starting about a month ago . When I turn off my Ultrex with the pedal switch sometimes in turns itself back on and all of the lights come back on (Blue, red, amber, green) while other times just the blue light comes back on with the switch in the "Off" position .
    If I lightly tap switch in the Off rocker I can get it to turn off and on . Switch acts like contacts are corroded and tracking internally ?
    Anyone else have this problem ?

2. Member
    Check the wires to the back of the switch. Clean as needed. If still problem, cheap switch. Replace it.

3. Member
    Took cover plate off bottom of pedal exposing wires to switch . Removed wires and tested switch with DVM . Switch "Off" = Infinite resistance
    Switch "On" = Zero ohms resistance . No signs of heating or moisture damage on Control Module and no chafed insulation on wires . Control Module going belly up?

Control Module : 229460
    0691429.AU REV-P
    02- 06-2020

4. Member
    I was just looking around online to price a new Ultrex control module (just in case) and noticed a warning about using new battery chargers for lithium batteries causing problems with Ultrex trolling motors . I have a NOCO Genius 10-3 charger and Lithium trolling motor batteries that were charging at the time I noticed the random beeping in the garage that I traced to my Ultrex . I unplugged the charger and put the Ultrex pedal cover back on and plugged it into the Bow TM receptacle .
    I repeatedly operated the pedal sw. On-Off-On and the switch and lights were all now operating properly . The Battery cables to the pedal are hot all of the time when plugged in and charging the batteries so any electrical spikes from the charging algorithm will be going to the Control Module . Anything electronic goes bonkers with noisy voltage applied . The write up I read said to disconnect or isolate your Ultrex from the batteries whenever charging .

Yes you need some type of cut-off switch to kill voltage to the Ultrex when charging.
    Steve in Texas
    1999 ChampioN 203 DC
    2011 Mercury Optimax 250 Pro XS
    Ultrex 36v 112# - 2 10" Helix - 1 10" Garmin for Livescope Plus

6. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I always unplug my trolling motor when charging been doing that on all my trolling motors for years while charging just as a precaution
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years