Thread: New Gamblers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZII View Post
    Nills was who I was referring to, "Nlills' Notches" was a great improvement to an outstanding hull! NOT!!!!!!
    You are correct! I have no idea where I came up with "Howie". He had the added ability of alienating a rock.

2. Member
    Just my take.....Back in like 2018 ( I think) when the hurricane hit Mexico Beach my 2100 was in Panama City getting wrapped. In the aftermath the gas tank was vandalized so I had to go down to Gambler to get the last gas tank they had. While I was there in a discussion I found out they were selling the name/molds. We talked about the "whys". I was told that they could not afford to take the really experienced guys it took to maintain QC on a Gambler off the flatsboats, of which they were selling as fast as they could tern them out. "I cant just put anybody on a Sterling" I believe was the quote. From that, I figured a start up would struggle mightily obtaining the required quality labor to build "the new Gambler" business. Unfortunately the "plan-demic" and our government has made the task exponentially more difficult since.

The new owners for sure got dealt a terrible hand in the timing dept. The plandemic hit shortly after they were getting started. I had spoken to Scott and his wife shortly after they made the announcement as the new owners. Both seem like good people. Since I have 20 yrs of deep gambler roots, along with them being one state away, I'm pulling for them to be able to make it work in the future.
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by white gambler View Post
    The new owners for sure got dealt a terrible hand in the timing dept. The plandemic hit shortly after they were getting started. I had spoken to Scott and his wife shortly after they made the announcement as the new owners. Both seem like good people. Since I have 20 yrs of deep gambler roots, along with them being one state away, I'm pulling for them to be able to make it work in the future.
    Also have Gambler roots dating back to 97 and would love to see the new owner’s succeed and carry the torch. Seems that there is a tall mountain to climb and they are losing footing. My guess would be money and manpower slowing production. Hefty Deposits put down on boats with over a year + of waiting period are not favorable to those that are impatient either. Hope they can right the ship!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gambler1 View Post
    Also have Gambler roots dating back to 97 and would love to see the new owner’s succeed and carry the torch. Seems that there is a tall mountain to climb and they are losing footing. My guess would be money and manpower slowing production. Hefty Deposits put down on boats with over a year + of waiting period are not favorable to those that are impatient either. Hope they can right the ship!
    It's those of us that are willing to wait out the storm that will help this new venture stay afloat.. I'm one of the depositors awaiting my boat, it's been longer than expected, but I'm holding tight and keeping the faith..

6. Member
    I hope they make it too but I do know this whole thing has added another digit to what it would take to get my Sterling from me

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chsapeak View Post
    It's those of us that are willing to wait out the storm that will help this new venture stay afloat.. I'm one of the depositors awaiting my boat, it's been longer than expected, but I'm holding tight and keeping the faith..
    Good for you! hope it works out for you. Personally I would never spend that kind of money for any bass boat . Of course if I hit a lottery I would consider.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblerpilot View Post
    I hope they make it too but I do know this whole thing has added another digit to what it would take to get my Sterling from me
    Same here with my 2010 Sterling 22 DC.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gambler1 View Post
    Good for you! hope it works out for you. Personally I would never spend that kind of money for any bass boat . Of course if I hit a lottery I would consider.
    Yep! New Sterling costs are 3.5 times what I paid for my 2010 Sterling.

I have added a 2nd PP and repowered with a 4S.
    Last edited by JAZII; 06-13-2023 at 01:29 PM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZII View Post
    Yep! New Sterling costs are 2.5 times what I paid for my 2010 Sterling.

I have added a 2nd PP and repowered with a 4S.
    the same as any boat company,
    my 06 21' HP triton $42,500.00
    the 2017 21 TRX $76,800.00
    a 2023 21' TRX $96,000. plus extra electronics

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gambler4 View Post
    the same as any boat company,
    my 06 21' HP triton $42,500.00
    the 2017 21 TRX $76,800.00
    a 2023 21' TRX $96,000. plus extra electronics
    Can't touch a new Sterling 22 samely equipped as my 2010 for less than 120K. Minus the outboard and all the electronics, the hull is not worth 90K.

It would take deep pockets plus a few great folks like family to succeed at a slow pace. Eventually it could work but you would have to possess deep deep pockets to start off with. I really want them to succeed I really hoped to buy a new one some day as a retirement boat.

21 ft Stroker / 300 Yamaha with Hydrotech sportsmaster

13. Member
    Sad to read the chain, like many I was hoping they would be successful and really wanted to get back in a G Boat. Hind sight is always 20/20 and I could kick my own rump for selling everyone I have had especially the 2200.
    2016 Triton 20TRX
    250 Pro XS, #112 MK Ultrex
    PP Blades, Atlas JP, Ionic Lithiums (4)
    Garmin 126/126/1222 & Solix 15

14. Member
    Gambler hiring at all?
    2014 Bullet 21xrs
    2016 Merc Opti 300hp Serial #1E053115

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Gambler hiring at all?
    Probably for volunteer work!