Springfield pedestal

I have a 2021 ZX225 with the Springfield Kingpin pedestal that you have to inset the piece that you pull/push to raise and lower the seat. That handle came out of the slot and now I'm not able to insert it back in where it will stay in place. Has anyone else had this issue or replaced these pedestal with another that fits the base threads?
    Last edited by woppercatcher; 03-16-2023 at 07:07 PM.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

2. Member
    same problem with mine

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woppercatcher View Post
    I have a 2021 ZX225 with the Springfield Kingpin pedestal that you have to inset the piece that you pull/push to raise and lower the seat. That handle came out of the slot and now I'm not able to insert it back in where it will stay in place. Has anyone else had this issue or replaced these pedestal with another that fits the base threads?
    I bought the Attwood one at Academy that has the threads and fits perfect. Also, the seat base is part of the pedestal and not a separate part. It's much better than the one that came with the boat.

https://www.academy.com/p/attwood-lo...ith-seat-mount

4. Member
    here's the deal , you need a long screw driver flat head take seat out of top and you could adjust the power of up and down by sticking the screwdriver down and turning the screw , but to put ur lever back you need to push down on that screw you will see inside to reinsert handle , must likely since your handle came out you need to loosen the screw a little

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pajoe329 View Post
    here's the deal , you need a long screw driver flat head take seat out of top and you could adjust the power of up and down by sticking the screwdriver down and turning the screw , but to put ur lever back you need to push down on that screw you will see inside to reinsert handle , must likely since your handle came out you need to loosen the screw a little
    Thanks I'll try that. I went ahead and bought a new one where the handle doesn't come out but if your suggestion works I'll have a spare for when the back seat one does the same thing.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woppercatcher View Post
    Thanks I'll try that. I went ahead and bought a new one where the handle doesn't come out but if your suggestion works I'll have a spare for when the back seat one does the same thing.
    + 1 Thank you