Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New livescope pole released (crowd funded) march 28th

2022 Ranger RB190
    Mercury 115 Proxs

2. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Looks great. Open video through YT and you can see questions and answers about the product.

startup pricing $699. March 28th

Compatible with all sonar systerms

Will be released with a remote but supposedly a foot controller is in works for hands free operation

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Dont see this connecting to a troller.....if thats the case, to bad.....the head on it is pretty big to be right up on a troller......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    Looks like another trolling motor on the bow
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI

5. Member
    Been following this for a while. Will fir my needs as a separate mount. Looks pretty solid but yeah would be nice if the head was a bit more compact. I suppose they needed room for some circuit boards and sensors to control it.

6. Member
    From what I have seen the latest head is pretty sleek, what turns me off is the 90 day warranty.

7. Member
    I didnt notice that!!! Yeah thats not enough for a new product from a company that is unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Bob View Post
    From what I have seen the latest head is pretty sleek, what turns me off is the 90 day warranty.

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    90 days....wow.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

9. Member
    It's a nice unit but what would really be nice is if somebody would make something that was way cheaper than $700 bucks since there are already a few options in that price range. A couple hundred or so bucks would be more like it for most of us. Call me tight or whatever but i bought a livescope system & that was way more than i wanted to pay for electronics but that much more to simply turn the transducer back & forth is not going to be in my budget because i can use it for other things. Yes i can afford it but refuse to & i can do a lot of turning by hand for free. I'd give up to $250.00 for something to do it but over that i'm out. I hope they sell the crap out of them but hopefully somebody will come up with a version of some type that anybody can easily afford. Even an affordable geared type that turns by hand power only sort of like the sniper marine pole would really be nice.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    It's a nice unit but what would really be nice is if somebody would make something that was way cheaper than $700 bucks since there are already a few options in that price range. A couple hundred or so bucks would be more like it for most of us. Call me tight or whatever but i bought a livescope system & that was way more than i wanted to pay for electronics but that much more to simply turn the transducer back & forth is not going to be in my budget because i can use it for other things. Yes i can afford it but refuse to & i can do a lot of turning by hand for free. I'd give up to $250.00 for something to do it but over that i'm out. I hope they sell the crap out of them but hopefully somebody will come up with a version of some type that anybody can easily afford. Even an affordable geared type that turns by hand power only sort of like the sniper marine pole would really be nice.
    This one with its spotlock style tech will lock on target the same as your trolling motor does. The only other one i know of that has the same type tech is the HB target lock which is 1200+
    2022 Ranger RB190
    Mercury 115 Proxs

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by puhlw View Post
    Been following this for a while. Will fir my needs as a separate mount. Looks pretty solid but yeah would be nice if the head was a bit more compact. I suppose they needed room for some circuit boards and sensors to control it.
    The good thing is that the head is stationary and the arrow in the center is what does the turning along with the pole.
    2022 Ranger RB190
    Mercury 115 Proxs

Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Everyone likes a bargain and I'm cheap too. But having just built a manual pole mount for AT 2 (that I don't have yet) I can tell you, if I made them to sell, they'd be $200 or more. I checked into a patent and the cost of it alone would make it hard to sell enough to recoup the costs and make any money. Then add time and material and it's just not worth it.

The unit in the video is pretty cool, the best feature IMO is the "steady hold". If it works as described and works well, I could see them selling a lot of mounts.

I agree about the head , I saw the white one also , I think that was the updated one , still really large.
    Now they need the brackets to put on the trolling motor like my Garmin.
    I am not much into drilling holes in my boat for something like this
    I will watch and see how these progresses.
    2002 Triton 190 FS , 200 EFI, 25 tempest plus, Garmin Force, Garmin 10 Ultra sv, LVS 34, 2 Garmin UHD 93sv

14. Member
    Great concept but a bit on the large side.

15. Member
    Crowd funded, 90 day warranty. Looks like they might be looking for a buyer for the operation.

Quote Originally Posted by justinp61 View Post
    Everyone likes a bargain and I'm cheap too. But having just built a manual pole mount for AT 2 (that I don't have yet) I can tell you, if I made them to sell, they'd be $200 or more. I checked into a patent and the cost of it alone would make it hard to sell enough to recoup the costs and make any money. Then add time and material and it's just not worth it.

The unit in the video is pretty cool, the best feature IMO is the "steady hold". If it works as described and works well, I could see them selling a lot of mounts.
    I concur. I built my own a couple years ago with a foot pedal. It's pretty unrefined, but still after parts and labor it would have to be priced over a couple hundred to be worth selling.

17. Member
    Anybody know if this is injection molded or 3D printed? Cant really tell from the pictures or video.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by puhlw View Post
    Anybody know if this is injection molded or 3D printed? Cant really tell from the pictures or video.
    It’s molded.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Titansfan2104 View Post
    This one with its spotlock style tech will lock on target the same as your trolling motor does. The only other one i know of that has the same type tech is the HB target lock which is 1200+
    Man i never thought just how bad that sounded before i posted. You have a great product & hope you sale the crap out of them. I was just ranting a little.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Titansfan2104 View Post
    I know of another one with similar and actually an even advanced feature that will be marketed at about $500… problem is the guy working on it is stingy and doesn’t want to delegate out any of the production so probably gonna be at least a few more months if not longer before it’s available, and by that time, who knows what will be out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast