Thread: 300 xs

300 xs

2011 300xs serial # 1E051297.
    When I run somewhere an an shut it off for a bit an I go to crank it back it acts like it don't wanna start like it's flooded an then after couple attempts it starts an smokes for a couple of seconds an then fine. And sometimes it doesn't do it.

2. Member
    it is flooded ,most likely fuel in air side of system , several possible causes . tracker is known for this symptom
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    I checked tracker and it's fine I changed it when I had injectors and rails cleaned

4. Member
    procede testing for fuel in air side of system, inspect pulse pump diaphragm also
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    Clean your injectors.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuck Grass View Post
    Clean your injectors.
    Please read above posts.

Dro10: You need to have the Air and Fuel Pressures checked, and results recorded for: Idle, Under Acceleration, and 5/10/15 seconds after engine shutdown (restart for each time period).

The more precise the results, the better they can be accurately interpreted.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Bleed down test will show if a issue with injectors bleeding down
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

8. Member
    AKA causing a flooding situation at startup
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

9. Member
    Update checked fuel/air psi they where 80 psi. Checked and found Fuel regulator diaphragm had small crack changed out an now I got 112 fuel psi an 90 air. An running great. Thanks for the tips

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Might want to swap gauges and make sure the numbers still match that. If accurate, they're out of spec.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

11. Member
    What do the pressures need to be? Thanks I will check again

12. Member
    109 94 is factory spec with perfect gauges. If fuel pressure is higher I could lead to a lean or fat condition
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

13. Member
    Rechecked an fuel was 106 psi an air was 94 psi. What my guages showed an switched them out
    Last edited by dro10; 04-23-2023 at 07:43 PM.

14. Member
    Should be a 15psi split
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

15. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If results are identical with gauges swapped... you have a fuel pressure problem (likely in the Fuel Pressure Regulator).

I would recommend that you re-check the pressures one more time at 1000-1100 RPM's. That's the recommended calibration point.