Powering on and off while networked.

I have a 106sv at the helm and a126sv at the bow that are networked together via Ethernet. Both units turn on and off when you hit the power at one unit. Is there a way to override this so I can power up or power down independently? Thank you
    Last edited by Limitfish; 03-17-2023 at 06:55 AM.

2. Member
    I think you have to just put one to sleep after you power up
    2022 Ranger RB190
    Mercury 115 Proxs

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Limitfish View Post
    I have a 206sv at the helm and a126sv at the bow that are networked together via Ethernet. Both units turn on and off when you hit the power at one unit. Is there a way to override this so I can power up or power down independently? Thank you very
    I have 4 linked together and have yet to figure this out. The crazy part is that some power right up when put in their cradle and some don't. And its totally random which ones power up and don't power up because I put the same units in the same cradles every time. But they will all power down at the same time when I turn one off.

With the Echomap Ultras networked via ethernet, they will all power up and down at the same time. No way to override this behavior.
    Garmin Pro Team

Quote Originally Posted by Jwags13 View Post
    I have 4 linked together and have yet to figure this out. The crazy part is that some power right up when put in their cradle and some don't. And its totally random which ones power up and don't power up because I put the same units in the same cradles every time. But they will all power down at the same time when I turn one off.
    Some powering up when inserted into the cradle would likely be due to those units having the Auto Power Up feature enabled. Make sure this feature is disabled on all units.
    Garmin Pro Team

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Some powering up when inserted into the cradle would likely be due to those units having the Auto Power Up feature enabled. Make sure this feature is disabled on all units.
    This ^^^^^

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    That's probably the issue. I will fix this asap.

8. Member
    My networked units do not do this. Is it because one's a 93 and the other a 106?
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

9. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    This topic has been discussed many times. Mine do the same and its just the way it is with the 106 and 126 Ultras. Other models? I took the opportunity to bring this up in conversation with a Garmin rep I was talking to earlier this week and surprisingly he immediately came back with saying that they are working on a software update to eliminate this feature that was by design to accommodate operation on offshore boats with equipment on different level decks. (??)

Whether they do it or not is yet to be seen but like I said, he was pretty quick to answer that they are working on it given the large number of Echomap customers asking for a resolve

10. Member
    Not just Echomaps, my GPSMAP 8600s do the same thing.
    Risen From The Ashes!!

Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    My networked units do not do this. Is it because one's a 93 and the other a 106?
    I have a 93 and 106 networked and they don’t turn on automatically either. Must be just the Ultra’s that do it.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

12. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Dont think the 93's have the feature or at least the older ones.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    I have 2 -126 , a 106 and a 93 and they all power up together except the 93 .
    2022 Ranger RB190
    Mercury 115 Proxs