Trim Switches Reversed

1B048415
    2005 60 ELPTO

Just bought this boat/motor and all three trim switches are reversed ( up is down and down is up) I'm thinking wires are crossed. Anyone know which wires I should look at?

Thanks
    1989 Coleman Crawdad
    55 lb Minn Kota Endura Max

2. Member
    I don't have a Mercury. It would seem to me the switches would not all be reversed, but the wiring to the trim motor are.

Then again it might be from Australia, y'know mate, the Land Down Under.

3. Member
    bullet connectors from trim mtr where they plug into relay harness
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    Land down under...

Thanks for the help, that fixed them. Even though blue wire was connected to blue and green to green, I swapped them and now all switches work correctly. Must be wired wrong in motor.

Thank you.
    1989 Coleman Crawdad

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    YOU BETTER CHECK YOUR BATTERY TERMINALS......

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    YOU BETTER CHECK YOUR BATTERY TERMINALS......
    Man..thank you very much!
    The wires were indeed swapped at the battery. I put the trim wires back to correct and now working as should.

I will check my fuses/charging system tomorrow. I bumped the starter and it turned over, hopefully there is no damage done.
    Last edited by Pilgrim; 03-21-2023 at 07:21 PM.
    1989 Coleman Crawdad

7. Member
    me too , ill be amazed if not
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Me three....

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

9. Member
    Was able to start my motor today and I was fortunate, only damage was a blown charger leg fuse on that particular battery. The motor started good, and is charging at 14.1V

It was my fault, not the previous owner. I took the batteries out and filled them with water and stuff and when I put the starting battery back, I reversed the leads (hopefully won't do that again). What I think saved me was I didn't power it up with it reversed, thanks to the post from Mr. Weed. THANK YOU!
    1989 Coleman Crawdad

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You're very welcome. Couldn't ask for a better outcome than that!