Question Four Cylinder 2.7 Turbo GM Pickujp

Anyone driving one? Towing a Bass Boat? Looking for real experience, don't care about Ford/Ram/Toyota.
    Jim
    Old Guy
    2021 Z19 Pro

2. Member
    I have the Chevy Silverado. I am amazed at how welll it pulls my Stratos.

i would ne interested to know what kind of MPG guys are getting while towing with this engine. i have 3.5 ecoboost in a F150 and it pulls great but gets significantly worse gas mileage than the silverado with 5.3 v8 i had before it.

4. Member
    https://www.fuelly.com/car/chevrolet...=&submodel_id=

Looks like you can count on an 18 MPG overall average which is about 2 MPG better than the 5.3 averages.

5. Member
    I've heard good things about them and they have been pretty rock solid, GM is moving that engine over to the mid size trucks now too.

I would try that 3.0L Duramax too, it's a dream to drive but I understand if you don't want a diesel.

6. Member
    This video is old but i think applicable.

Here are some that talk about the new HO engine

Bottom line, it will be just fine.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ187elite View Post
    I've heard good things about them and they have been pretty rock solid, GM is moving that engine over to the mid size trucks now too.

I would try that 3.0L Duramax too, it's a dream to drive but I understand if you don't want a diesel.
    Yup, love my 02 Duramax, Time to move on.i
    Jim
    Old Guy
    2021 Z19 Pro

8. #FRB
    Considering all the brands have their own set of known problems I don't think it matters what you buy these days unless it's a Toyota. I've thought about special ordering a single cab short bed Chevy work truck so I can stay with a simple truck with a split bench. If you plan on keeping the truck for many years and over 100k just research what problems they're known for and decide if you want to pay to get them fixed as they come up. If you're like most seem to be and trade often for a new one then buy what you want because it won't be your problem when the problems start getting expensive.

As for how I think the turbo 2.7 will tow...I bet it tows as good or better than the 5.3 Ecotec and more reliable too. Gas mileage is still gonna suck because of the nature of the beast but you know that going in. Wish they would bring back the LS (4.8, 5.3, and 6.0) but that would make way too much sense.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

9. dartag1829
    Got a 4dr Silverado 4wd with the 2.7. Tows my Ranger 185 better than my old Silverado with the 5.3. Milage is about the same. 23 hwy and 16 towing the boat. Check with a local dealer to get a demo. I did that when my lease was up. Towed my Ranger on the hwy and up some hills. Didn't believe it was a 4 cylinder until I lifted the hood. I lease my trucks so it will never go out or warranty. No idea how it would last over say 10 years. Will get another one when my lease is up.