NCF1BASS.ORG GETS $5,000 Donation from the KVD Foundation

Great news for the NC F1 stock program. At Redcrest this past weekend Kevin Van Dam presented Bass Fisherman for NC Lakes a check for $5,000 from his foundation. We are hoping this helps us spread the word even more as we anticipate the first annual stockings in Lake Gaston, Jordan Lake and Lake Norman in early April of this year.

2. Member
    good job
    Last edited by SteveDyer; 03-22-2023 at 10:18 AM.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDyer View Post
    He gave the check to NC Wildlife, and it was for a couple of projects, not just F1's.

"We would especially like to thank Kevin VanDam and the The Kevin VanDam Foundation for their generous donations for our F1 Largemouth Bass stocking program and MossBack Fish Habitat reservoir habitats. Thank you to Major League Fishing and their Fisheries Management Division for allowing us to have a part in this great event."

They are going to stock Jordan and Falls as test lakes which I find odd as those lakes are churning out pretty big bags without F1's. They claim they are the most fertile and would do the best. Personally I think stocking two lakes a few miles from each other a pretty piss pour test. Why not pick a few lakes across NC so everyone can get some benefit. High Rock, Wylie, Rhodhiss, Hickory, Kerr or Gaston all seem like lakes that would benefit from them as well.
    If I had to guess... and this is totally a guess as I dont know for sure. But, I bet you MLF requested we do Falls and Jordon because thats where the Heavy Hitters like to go. So looking down the road, it would benefit MLF a little better if those 2 lakes were really REALLY good.

Again, just a guess. Marty Stone is a part of this project.
    Collins Boating Pro Staff - Smithfield, North Carolina
    JeffreyDavisFishing.com
    | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram | NC Bass Challenge

4. Member
    No donation is to Bass Fisherman for NC lakes, aka www.ncf1bass.org. We are raising funds to provide F1 stockings in Jordan, Gaston and Lake Norman. The lakes were actually selected by NCWRC in order to have 3 different lakes with what they consider different fertility levels and see what the impact of these stockings are on each. The funds we raise are going to be donated to NC Wildlife to assist with this project and whatever we donate NCWRC anticipates getting matching federal and state funds for this same project.

5. Member
    Last edited by SteveDyer; 03-22-2023 at 10:36 AM.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

6. Member
    That is incorrect information. I’ve confirmed with Chuck.

They are putting F1’s in Gaston, Jordan, and Norman.

7. Member
    DD176936-A610-4381-9E37-AC3FDAD14360.jpeg534449D2-2BDB-4076-BBD8-337292F75F6D.jpeg

Here is a copy of the flyer Chuck had a REDCREST. It states Norman, Jordan, and Gaston are the initial focus of the program.

8. Member

9. Member
    Guess I misunderstood what Chuck was texting me about the stocking program, sorry for the confusion.

During the first few days of Red Crest the announcers kept talking about this new F1 program and never mentioned that stocking had already taken place or give credit to those that put their own effort into getting that done. I reached out to Chuck about it and was very surprised to find he didn't even know there had already been some stocking in LN. I guess that news was passed on as later in the week Marty finally did say it had happened. He texted me info about the new program and we discussed other lakes. I may should have went back and re-read all the before commenting here. Honestly, I really don't care either way about it.

Good luck to everyone involved.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC