Thread: Still Shopping

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanboat View Post
    I watched a video of Ott Defoe doing a walk through of his new Nitro. He commented he typically carries about 30 rods when he goes out. Makes me feel downright frugal m
    It should not make you feel that way since he pays absolutely $0 for them.

2. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    This is just a personal opinion... but I think people carry too many rods. I can get all I need in the center rod box in my RT188. I do put sleeves on them to protect the eyelets. With sleeves, you can get two rods to a tube....Buddy. that is a lot of rods. I carry six to eight casting rigs and 3 or 4 spinning rigs. You might need more....I don’t.... I really don't use the ones I have...they just ride around most of the time. LOL.
    You're not wrong. I carry 12-14 rods all the time in my center 175txw box. It's tight in there but I know how to make the most of it. I'm also a crankbait junkie and will have 6-8 on deck when locking down a pattern. During the Summer Spotted Bass bite I might only have 1-2 rods up top all day and that's my dropshot rod and maybe a topwater setup if I see them busting the surface. The rest will usually be in the box from Spring but too lazy to take out knowing they'll all go back in for Fall. And it's fun to get a crankbait bite in Summer if I'm feeling frisky.

The Tracker 195 looks to be the best value right now for a larger tin but no way I'd put a jack plate on that one even though I did put one on my 175txw but that's half the hp of what the 195 usually comes with. That's a lot of motor on that gauge aluminum. Can't deny the room the 195 has is amazing.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

The school of hard knocks is a rough way to be educated!

XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12