Trailer light help

I have this in the Ranger forum but realized I should have asked my question in the trailer and towing forum. I replaced a light on my 03 Ranger trailer today and now the brake light is on instead of the tail light. Reversed the wires, no light at all. Frustration got the best of me, gave up. Could someone tell me what I am doing wrong. The white ground white eyelet is too small, stripped it, wrapped it around the bolt and tightened the nut against it, could that be the problem?

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    I’d fix the ground first.

Crimp a proper sized ring on the wire.

Is it an LED?
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Is is not, looked at the wire diagram in the sticky. I’m confused because my new light has red and black in addition to the white ground wire.

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xcoach View Post
    Is is not, looked at the wire diagram in the sticky. I’m confused because my new light has red and black in addition to the white ground wire.
    I’d assume one wire for brake/turn, one wire for tail light and then the ground wire.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

5. Member
    Thank you, I’ll figure it out tomorrow, first, like you said, get the ground crimped with a ring

6. Member
    Update. I crimped and made sure the wire was grounded and read the sticky’s and wired it up. Tail light but no brake light. Crossed them and the brake lights are on so I know the bulb is good. Rewired it back and decided to check fuses, none blown. Got to thinking my seven to 5 pin adapter may be bad, probably 10 years old. Ordered one, will let you know this weekend.

7. Member
    The Left brake should get power from the yeLLow wire with the ignition on and the brake pressed.

8. Member
    That’s how I have it wired up, why I think my 7 pin might be bad.