Wiring question '23 SHO 250

Bought a 250 SHO and dealer said that outboard will not drive analog gauges, and installed a Yamaha digital tach (not command link) 6Y5. I went under the console today to insure an audible horn was in place and couldn't find where any wiring to the digital gauge was attached to the boat's warning horn. Anybody know which wires, if any, were intended to give an audible alert for heat and/or oil pressure? I intend to bring this up with the dealer who installed but he doesn't seem to have many answers to my previous questions.

2. Member
    I believe the warning horn is behind the ignition switch harness.

3. Member
    Dealer is confused. The VF250 can be connected to analog gauges. Including the 6Y5 digital display gauge which is analog.

The warning horn is normally part of the key switch panel. To hear the horn pull the kill switch lanyard. Crank the motor. The alarm will sound.

4. Member
    Thanks Yam. Yes he and all his help are confused. Is a conversion harness necessary to hook up to my analog gauges? They could not make the trim or tach in my boat work, and I paid for the 6Y5 even though I had already paid for a full installation. If a conversion harness is necessary, would you know the part number? I called Yamaha and they told me they do not offer technical assistance.....

5. Member
    No conversion needed. Plug and play if using Yamaha gauges.

6. Member
    If your 6Y5 multifunction gauge has two four pin connectors then an adapter harness is needed.

7. Member
    Although I'm currently using the SY5, I would prefer to use the gauges in my bass boat, most likely Teleflex but I'm not sure of that. I don't like the SY5, its hard to read with sunglasses.