Need a Motor for my 207 pro!

Im looking for a motor for my Sprint 207 pro.... It has a 200 vindicator on it now (blown) I was wondering if a 115hp would work or would i need to look at 150 and up... Thanks for any input

2. Member
    Just curious why you would want to go with an underpowered motor for your boat? I have a 207 also and as you know it is rated for a 225hp , I have had problems in the past with getting on plane with a partner\full tank of gas and the ridiculous amount of gear on board . I have a older 225 evinrude Fitch on mine now and would like to throw a 250 on her , Bassmeister (moderator) has a 207 also and knows a lot more about these boats than I do I'm sure he will be along and help you out on this. How did your boat perform with the 200hp?

3. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Randy is right. The brochures for the 207 HP ranges from 150-225 HP. Even with a 225 Mine would struggle with full tourny load getting on plane. I personally would not underpower it,especially if you like to fish tournys. If I can help more just holler.

4. Member
    well guys my cousin is buying a new 4 stroke and gave me a deal on his 99 ficht 225 .....It has a 25" lower unit, but i am pretty sure my vindicator 200 LU will fit ....I am Guessing for now 96 vindicator 99 ficht should be interchangable...

5. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    As stated in the Rude forum, It is easier to swap the powerhead from the ficht to the vindicator if they have the same exhaust adaptor.