Bow roller failure.

Anyone had this failure with the bow roller?,

Coming home from the lake last Thursday got home, bow roller was missing and the boat had slid forward 4 inches on the trailer. I'm working on repairing now, I'll post details later.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

2. Member
    when you power load the boat it will break off the tabs that the roller sits in if you hit it too hard.

3. Member
    Yes, mine bow roller did the same thing. I have 16ft hyperlift boat. 50 hp Merc. Kinda disappointed in the trailer, it has a bunch of cracked welds..

Quote Originally Posted by ssmithboats View Post
    when you power load the boat it will break off the tabs that the roller sits in if you hit it too hard.
    I'm not gonna say that I have never hit the bow roller but I always try to be short of it and winch it up the last couple of inches. This broke off on the way home.

So anyway, its fixed. I use a piece of 316 stainless steel 3/16" thick and made the arms. Not knowing how long the originals were, I cut out a paper templet and tried to match it up from memory. It ended up being a bit shorter than the original so I had to slide it back and raise the whole winch stand.

2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

5. Member
    Pretty neat fix! Looks like the boat did not hit the support..............snapped one on an old Lund many years ago and it was tricky getting it fixed at the dealer.

6. Member
    Nice But they may wallow out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdeepv View Post
    Pretty neat fix! Looks like the boat did not hit the support..............snapped one on an old Lund many years ago and it was tricky getting it fixed at the dealer.
    The boat slid forward about 4 inches but never made any contact. I learned the the rear tie downs don't give any support to stop forward momentum, its all on the bow roller. I'm thinking about mocking something up that changes the direct of the angle of the stand to the opposite direction, so the boat will push into the stand.

Quote Originally Posted by BillsFan View Post
    Nice But they may wallow out.
    It may eventually but its gonna take a while. I put a solid support inside for the bolts to go through.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO