Thread: RAM Swing Arm

RAM Swing Arm

Can the RAM swing arm handle a Heliz 7(mapping) and a Garmin 106 at the console? Not interested in mounting to console and figured the swing arm would work.

If not, what other options to stack 2 units to the side of a console?

Crestliner VT17

2. Member
    RMP Versa Mount & fabricate a poor man’s stack mount using 3” aluminum angle.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

I run the swing arm mount on mine and it's really strong, I think it would hold those with no issues It holds a 1199 perfectly fine running in the 90s on my boat.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

4. Member
    I use the swing arm on my vt17, actually have two. One on the console, and one to the right of the console. I dont think you will have any issues with two units mounted on the swing arm mount. Just have to get creative with the mounting of them. think there was a post a bit ago where a guy used some angle to mount two units on a single mount. Dont have pics of mine, and boat is in storage. Winter sux.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Melton Jason View Post
    I run the swing arm mount on mine and it's really strong, I think it would hold those with no issues It holds a 1199 perfectly fine running in the 90s on my boat.
    Thanks

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    I use the swing arm on my vt17, actually have two. One on the console, and one to the right of the console. I dont think you will have any issues with two units mounted on the swing arm mount. Just have to get creative with the mounting of them. think there was a post a bit ago where a guy used some angle to mount two units on a single mount. Dont have pics of mine, and boat is in storage. Winter sux.
    Couldn't find that post to save my life...thanks

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JonesBoyz2 View Post
    Couldn't find that post to save my life...thanks
    Look in the Tracker boats forum. Title of the post is, 2010 TX190, 2 helix 10s at the console. I think the info starts on post #8 on this post.

8. Member
    The mount will hold up, but that is a lot of weight and you place it on a lever, so quite a bit of pressure at mounting point. Make a plan to strengthen under the fiberglass and thru-bolt it.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

9. Member
    The swing arm can handle whatever you're going to throw at it. It is one strong mount.