2022 Ranger Z520R Cup

Ranger Ride System: Something you may not have noticed or realized!

As we all know the Ranger Ride Screen has a configurable ‘Sleep’ time out, that once it goes asleep you must touch the screen to wake it back up. However, did you know that if you do not touch the screen that every three minutes it will wake up on its own and display the ranger logo and starts flickering / dimming (basically like the display is going nuts) for about 20 seconds and then go back to sleep? Then three minutes later it will start the process all over. The folks at ranger along with my dealer has been chasing this flickering issue for a month. Parts were replaced etc., until they determined it was happening at a consistent interval. Armed with that information Ranger reached out to the engineers at NAVICO where they learned this is a “Feature” to let the operator know the system is still turned on. Oh My! That would be a good piece of information to have placed in RIDE Owner’s manual. BTW this has been reproduced on four other boats (2023s / 2022s) ranging from Ride update 2.00.04 to 2.00.07. Enjoy!

2. Member
    Probably similar Lowrance sleep screen as well. "HDS" will show up and then slowly dim out before going back to black. Those don't flicker, so maybe it's something in the software that needs to be corrected?

3. 2022 Ranger Z520R Cup
    I agree, NAVICO could have done a better job on that "I'm still on" screen, otherwise like Ranger, the dealer and I assumed initially .... that is not right! Then the NAVICO Engineers specifically stated a purposeful "Flicker" to get your attention. IMHO a nice wakeup and then sleep would have sufficed. Go figure!