whose going fishin.....

whose going out drownin worms once the lakes settle after the recent, and possibly upcoming rains...

2. Member
    Been diein to go but everything local is blown out, roads flooded, closed. Supposed to be heading to Shasta first of the month. Would like to get out before then. We'll see.

I'll be on Folsom Saturday. Not sure where you normally fish bigmess but it might be worth going and taking a look for your self. I was on Folsom last weekend practicing. Got word before I went that it was blown out and a muddy mess only to get there and find that it was actually pretty clear. Light stain maybe, but no where near muddy. Clear Lake is at 8.05ft as of the time of this writing. I haven't been up there since it came up but I'd assume just like before that the North end is probably muddy with it clearing up around midlake and the narrows.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    I'll be on Folsom Saturday. Not sure where you normally fish bigmess but it might be worth going and taking a look for your self. I was on Folsom last weekend practicing. Got word before I went that it was blown out and a muddy mess only to get there and find that it was actually pretty clear. Light stain maybe, but no where near muddy. Clear Lake is at 8.05ft as of the time of this writing. I haven't been up there since it came up but I'd assume just like before that the North end is probably muddy with it clearing up around midlake and the narrows.
    Hearing Clear lake is already closing some ramps for high water. Crazy they went from low water closed ramps to high water closed ramps in a couple months
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

5. Member
    It's good that water levels are rising but so far not helping the fishing. Headed to Nacimiento in a couple of days and with the current rain conditions not sure we're going to find much success in the fishing. Having viewed their lake cams, a lot of debris and dirty water but lake is up to about 90 percent full.

Folsom proved to be pretty tough. We had 126 kayakers show up for Saturdays tourney. I prefished last Saturday in pouring rain but had fairly clean water in the main lake. It was definitely stained with tons of debris for our derby. Up the river it got even muddier. Only 49 anglers submitted fish in the tourney. Those of us that finished in the money found our fish extremely shallow (3-5ft) on chatterbaits and spinnerbaits in the backs of pockets. I had four fish and ended up in 7th place. Luckily they were all good ones and I would have been around 10-11lbs with my four. Only 6 limits were caught.

Next event is on New Melones on April 15th and another the following weekend on Tulloch. Hopefully the fishing is a little better with another month of warming weather!

7. Member
    How'd it go at Naci? Been diein to go but hesitant with the conditions. I would think the river would clear up some and the whites would be there.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmess View Post
    How'd it go at Naci? Been diein to go but hesitant with the conditions. I would think the river would clear up some and the whites would be there.
    Didn't make the trip due to weather and glad I didn't try it. Our club had 10 guys fishing and in 3 days only 2 fish caught. A lot of debris in the water and lots of muddy water. The water levels have been flucuating with each rain storm moving through. Have rescheduled a separate trip for mid April with hopefully better conditions.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

9. Member
    Just fished Naci for 3 days with a partner and we caught over 80 fish and probably lost 15-20 at the boat. All but 3 were spotted and those were white bass. Water temps were in the low 60s but still quite a bit of debris in the water. Just about any color worm but partial to morning dawn w/chartreuse tail and baby bass or goby. Caught quite a few on either red or green cranks.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

10. Member
    I was there last Wednesday. Same story, lots of spots, nothin big. Ran into this guy swimming across Swamp JohnPXL_20230426_201001176.MP.jpg