Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar

New to Trim Tabs

I've never owned a boat with trim tabs before. They come on the Outlaw and I really don't know anything about using them or if their use is even necessary. Any advice?

2. Member
    Dumfries, Va./ Kerr-Buggs Island, Boydton Va.
    20 plus years as a Gambler owner with tabs, I would be glad to fill ya in on what to expect. Email reubassfish@aol.com

3. Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar
    Thank you! I’ll shoot you an email!

4. Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GamblerPro2 View Post
    20 plus years as a Gambler owner with tabs, I would be glad to fill ya in on what to expect. Email reubassfish@aol.com
    Thank you so much for the conversation on the phone. I have a much better understanding of what I’ve got, and look forward to learning more on the water!

5. Member
    Not that this helps anyone and I profess to have no experience with gamblers or a boat with tabs. If a gambler has a hydraulic plate, tabs, and trim, I would love to see a video showing how busy the hands are during launch.

6. Member
    Some have trim on the floor or steering wheel which helps.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by motobuffy View Post
    Not that this helps anyone and I profess to have no experience with gamblers or a boat with tabs. If a gambler has a hydraulic plate, tabs, and trim, I would love to see a video showing how busy the hands are during launch.
    It’s not as bad as you would think, becomes a natural motion. But you don’t always need to use them at launch.